Hot Tub Conversations (Part One)

***Disclaimer: The titles deceiving I KNOW🤣 It just made sense and honestly I just go with the first title that pops into my mind. But we are slowly building up to get to that moment. I may or may not be already writing the weekend getaway just in case Spencer pulls the W at state. But for now, all it matters is that I'm having fun...you're having fun...we are all having fun☺️ Thought I'd let you know beforehand that it's NOT WHAT YOU THINK🤣 Enjoy❤️

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jets pulsated around him as his favorite playlist soothed him sitting in the hot tub while the heat healed his bruised ribs. Nothing felt better than a nighttime dip in the pool, ending it off sitting in the hot tub relaxing his muscles. Coach Baker had him on a strict schedule after he bruised his ribs last night during practice. Although Spencer had felt better, Coach Baker needed him to be a hundred percent before ever stepping onto the field on Friday night. Everyone felt the stakes, and with Friday only a few days away, the tensions had only been getting higher. With free access to the pool and jacuzzi at the Baker house, Billy had him after practice to head on over to the house to sit in the hot tub. With Mrs. Baker working late nights ever since Olivia had released the footage, Jordan being M.I.A since his date with Simone, and Olivia at a meeting. Spencer was left alone to enjoy the amenities to himself.

It didn't last long as he heard the sound of the back sliding door open to see Olivia peak her head through. Her eyes brightened at the sight of her boyfriend relaxing in the hot tub. Making her way over she crossed her arms never letting their gaze fall. "Why didn't you call to tell me you were coming over? I would've love to leave my meeting early to join you,". A smirk fell on her lips as Spencer thought back to their first time alone in the jacuzzi a year ago. "Your meeting is much more important than joining me for a night swim,". Olivia pulled her lip in between her teeth, tilting her head to the side. "I mean we could all use a break every once in a while. I'm sure Nurse Joy wouldn't have minded,".

Spencer let out a laugh knowing it was the complete opposite. "More like she would hunt us down if you ever missed a meeting. Besides, it's important that after everything that had happened, it's nice for you to talk about it. How was it by the way?". Olivia lowered herself sitting on the edge of the hot tub, taking off her sandals, she dipped her toes in. She winced as the scorching hot temperatures burned her. "How are you okay with this? Aren't you hot?". Spencer shrugged standing up to walk over to her. "You get used to it after a while,". Olivia met his gaze when she gave a long sigh. "My meeting was...okay. You know I never thought I would like it as much, but opening up to a group of strangers you may never meet again is a lot easier than I thought. Today was harder since we were discussing difficult topics. But I keep telling myself that we have to get through these hard to hear conversations, in order to grow,". Spencer agreed. "Sometimes it's the only way we learn,". Olivia smiled. "You know I keep hearing that. Something I should listen to more often. Hits too close to home, you know,". Spencer smiled closing the space between them. "I know the feeling,".

Olivia rubbed her arms as the chilly Los Angeles evening, sent goosebumps down her arms. "You know it's be a lot warmer if you'd come and join me," Spencer raised an eyebrow as Olivia rested her arms to either side of her. She smiled meeting his gaze while declining his invitation. "I'm sure it would and as tempting as that may sound, I'm going to have to pass. Wouldn't want to be breaking all the rules, you know. You still got a big game to win on Friday and me being in the hot tub with you would only be a distraction,". Her heavenly smile always caught him off guard when he inched closer to her. Letting his fingers glide up her leg. She felt breathless as her eyes widened watching him tease her. Olivia shook her head knowing his plans. "Just what my mind needs," Spencer grinned. Olivia let out a laugh.

"Spencer James, your cruising for us to lose this bet,". Spencer raised himself out of the hot tub to sit next to her. Olivia's eyes glistened watching the water drip off every inch of his body. Her mouth went dry as her lips parted thinking of anything other than Spencer's soaking wet body now just inches away from her. Clearing her throat she nodded gently looking away from him. Spencer grinned, as his arm now touched hers. Leaning over next to her ear, he whispered. "You know it may be the other way around,". Olivia met his gaze raising an eyebrow. "Hardly doubt that,". Spencer shrugged. "Guess we may never know,". "Guess so," Olivia gazed into his eyes when she trailed down to his lips. Clearing her throat she thought back to a conversation with Layla from earlier. "Speaking of hard to hear conversations. Have you talked to coop yet? I heard she's turning eighteen soon,".

Olivia changed the subject before the both of them would break the bet. Spencer let out a long sigh relaxing his shoulders as he tilted his head from side to side. "Not where I thought this conversation was headed. I haven't. Not since my moms graduation party,". Spencer lowered his gaze to the water. "I know how important birthdays and celebrating with the people you love is for you. Nothing is better than making up with your best friend than on her birthday," Olivia said. "At least try, Spence. Just a simple conversation to clear the air. If anything to just move on whether it's be as friends or parting ways. But I know how much you miss her and I know she misses you too. You both been together through everything and it's already been more than a month since you both haven't hung out. Maybe going to her party and showing up, will bring you both towards the right direction. She did go to your moms graduation,".

Spencer let out a deep sigh knowing Olivia had been right. "Speaking of clearing the air have you and your mom spoken?" Spencer asked. Turning the conversation back to her, Olivia smiled knowing he'd been deflecting. "I see what you did their,". Olivia half smiled gazing back down towards the bubbles filling the jacuzzi. The soothing jets calmed her. "Seems like we are all on the same boat these days of avoiding conversations. If one thing we are good at is just that,". Spencer nodded. "The difference between Coop and I is she was my best friend Liv. Mrs. Baker is your mom. Friends come and go, but she's the only mom you got. You both can't ignore each other for the rest of your life. You both will eventually need to clear the air before it gets worse. She loves you and only wants the best for you,". Olivia disagreed.

"Spence theirs no difference between my mom and I's relationship and you and coops. At the end of the day they are both our family. She's been your sister since you were both little. She's not just a friend you lost that night at the cabin. You lost your sister, apart of your family. And just as much as I should have a talk with my mom, is as much as you need to talk to Coop. If I promise to talk to my mom about it, would you talk to Coop?". She asked sticking out her pinky for him to promise. Spencer matched her smile. Interlocking his pinky in hers they shook on it. "Deal,".

"You know it was nice to be in our own little bubble for a little bit, but back to reality we go," Olivia sighed. "What are you doing tomorrow night?". Turning towards Spencer he smiled. "What do you have in mind?". "Want to come over for dinner? Simone and Jordan will be there and I think Grandpa Willy. I would love for you to be my plus one,". Spencer gaze fell down to the water when he thought back to the last time he came for dinner. He looked up to the night sky as he couldn't see much since it had been overcast with dense clouds covering the night sky. "Liv... last time I came over for dinner it didn't really go as planned,". Olivia squeezed his hand when he met her gaze. "Spence, you did what you had to do. And...now looking back at that evening. I'm glad you did. You saved me. I know I was mad at you back then, but this time around we are in a healthy and happy relationship. Your my boyfriend and this might be your first official Baker dinner family night as my plus one,". Spencer matched her smile when he caved in. "I mean what's the worst that could happen?". Olivia groaned immediately regretting Spencer ever saying those words. Knowing every time those words are spoken into existence something terrible is bound to happen.