Grace's Graduation Surprise Party (Part Four)

Making her way through the crowd Olivia tightly gripped her glass of water in her hands while she pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth. Spencer watched her from a distance, as his gaze was fixated on her every move. Watching her make her way towards him. Their gaze was magnetic as if it had been a gravitational pull guiding them towards each other. Spencer walked towards her while the both of them made slow strides meeting halfway. They were only a few feet away the moment the both of them turned to see Mrs. James' church friend make her way towards them. "Spencer James, Olivia Baker. It's beautiful to see you two together again. We miss our right-hand girl. Boy, what are you doing letting her go? She's a dime and glowing. You look beautiful Olivia," Ms. Dawson said.

Squeezing Olivia into a hug. She lightly slapped Spencer. He scrunched his eyebrows rubbing his arm. "My bad, Ms. Dawson didn't know there was a Liv fan club. I really don't know what I was thinking letting her go,". His voice fell softer meeting Olivia's gaze. "Touche," she mouthed. A hint of a smile fell on the corner of his mouth taking a sip of his water. "There has always been honey, I'm just glad you two have finally opened your eyes to see what we've been seeing all along," she flashed them both a wink. "There ain't anything that gets past you Ms. Dawson," Spencer smiled shaking his head.

"And don't you both forget that honey. I got eyes and ears all over this town. Might I say I saw the news this morning? I'm proud of the both of you. An inspiration and empowering as you both are, I can't wait to see what you both do next. Congratulations by the way. Your paving the way for all the youngins that come along after. They got big shoes to fill so I hope they're ready. Well, either way. I'm just glad you two found your way back to each other. And can I say next time I need to plan a party I may have to hire the two of you if you guys are up for it? You know if you do I could put in the good word at the church. All I'm saying is you might have a line out the door wanting the both of you to plan their parties next,". Ms. Dawson squeezed both of their arms slightly rubbing them.

Both Spencer and Olivia looked at each other briefly when they shrugged. "Like you said we're kind of famous now. So these rates might have gone up," Spencer joked. Ms. Dawson slapped his arm once more with now Olivia joining in. Her jaw dropped while turning back to Ms. Dawson. "Don't listen to him, Ms. Dawson. Of course, we will be happy to help,". The brightest smile fell on the older lady's lips turning towards Olivia. "See Mr. James this is exactly why you need her around,". Spencer and Olivia both gently laughed. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind," Spencer briefly met Olivia's gaze once more.

Grace walked over rubbing both Spencer's and Olivia's back. Giving them both a loving smile before turning her attention towards her friend. "Now, now Ms. Dawson don't you think these two need a break? They've done plenty. Why don't you come with me so I can introduce you to Principal Carter,". The older lady's smile fell rolling her eyes. "Trust me Mrs. Grace I don't need to see him. What I've heard around town ain't that pretty. Saying he's going to close down the school. What nerve does he have? He's a fool if he's thinking of doing just that," Ms. Dawson scoffed.

Grace gave a long sigh. "He's done some questionable things but I promise he's not as bad as you may think,". Wrapping her arms around Ms. Dawson, she grunted. Grace shot her a glare when the older lady lifted her hands surrendering. "Now that you say it like that, we haven't formally met. He hasn't met Ms. Crenshaw. I greet all the new people in Crenshaw and we haven't met which is out of the ordinary for me. What am I thinking?" She gasped.

Spencer and Olivia watched his mom and Ms. Dawson walk away. "All I gotta say is poor Principal Carter he's in for a whole lot in just about a minute. He doesn't know what he signed up for coming to my mom's party. Ms. Dawson looks like a petite little old grandma who makes cookies and cute-shaped sandwiches for the kids, but do her wrong and those cookies and sandwiches may be your last meal," Spencer looked back towards Olivia. Giving him a shrug, she smiled. "Well, I'm glad she likes me, then. No need to worry about being poisoned by sweetness," Olivia joked looking back to Spencer to see if he was too. His eyebrow cocked shaking his head slightly. "Oh, you think I'm playing? Let's just say we are both happy she loves you,". Olivia's eyes widened now intimidated by the sweet older lady.

Pouring themselves another glass of water. The both of them stood by one of the tables. "So did you end up making your rounds asking the guests to leave us a review on yelp. But what Ms. Dawson is already telling us, we may need to start a business. I don't know about you but this week only taught me that you and I work well together. We'd be a powerful duo," Spencer gently nudged Olivia. She rolled her eyes shaking her head. "Why do I have a feeling this had been your plan all along?". Spencer scrunched his eyebrows as if she insulted him. "Is that a bad thing? I like to think ahead and...maybe it had crossed my mind,". Olivia bobbed her head from side to side. "A party planning business you say? We wouldn't be half bad. But we kind of have to discuss who's going to be wearing the costume when we plan kids parties," Olivia raised an eyebrow coughing towards Spencer. "Oh you got jokes," Spencer let out a laugh.

Olivia slightly shook her head when Spencer's laughter fell. "Yeah, about that. I'm scared of clowns, the circus, or anything in general. I don't know about this Liv, maybe this ain't a good idea after all,". Olivia shook her head. "Probably not,". The both of them fell silent while Olivia played with the ring around her finger. "I spoke with Asher," Olivia met Spencer's gaze when his eyebrows shot up. "How was it?" Spencer asked nonchalantly. Olivia smiled towards his direction sipping her water. It was actually...good. I thought it was going to be like scratching the chalkboard. Hard to get through, but it wasn't. It was nice to talk to him again. We haven't been able to talk since everything happened back in the cabin. We didn't really leave off in a good place. So it was nice to have a heart-to-heart with him. To clear the air and get back to a semi-normal relationship. Whatever that may be. Whether we try to be friends again, or just in passing," Olivia said. "I'm just happy the both of us could move on. I told him to go for what makes him happy and if that's with Vanessa, then I'm happy for him,".

Spencer shot her a surprised look. "What have you done with the Liv, I know? Because The Olivia I knew wanted to rip off Vanessa's head back at the cabin, like what you wanted to do to Gabby this afternoon," Spencer smiled. Olivia grunted. "Don't remind me of that bitch Gabby," Her face softened meeting Spencer's gaze. "Guess with time heals all wounds. Besides we've both moved on. And...I never hated Vanessa. Our relationship should've never lasted as long as it did. So I didn't blame Vanessa, I guess I was trying to hold onto something that wasn't there anymore," Olivia said. Spencer nodded, understanding what she had meant. "What about you and Coop? Have you both spoken? I think I saw her around here,". Spencer nodded. "It was brief, but it was a start. I'm glad she came. She made the effort to show up for my mom. Even if it wasn't for me I'm glad she came. I know my mom appreciated it,". Olivia placed her hand on his forearm gently rubbing him. "She didn't only come for your mom, Spencer. She came for you too,".

Spencer shrugged lowering his gaze. "Just like you and Asher maybe Coop and I can build our friendship back, or just stay neutral. Here's to hoping," Spencer clinked his cup with Olivia. "Give it time, Spencer. You both are still healing. It can only get better from here. But that she came, and you both talked was a start. Baby steps remember?" she reassured him. "What I told Asher when we spoke, and what he repeated back to me is now what I'm going to tell you. Don't waste another minute thinking of all the possibilities to not go for what makes you happy. Life's too short to not go for what you want, and don't forget to celebrate the good," Olivia squeezed his arm, gazing into his eyes. Spencer smiled, letting her words sink in. "And what do you want?". Olivia shrugged. "Guess I haven't thought that far ahead,". 

A sudden ring of a fork hitting the glass turned both Olivia and Spencer's attention towards Dillon now standing before the crowd.