Second Times a Charm (Part Two)

Simone shook her head trying to process her emotions that were hitting her all at once. "We still haven't talked about anything Jordan. We've been married for months and haven't talked about our future, or what will happen if we go to school in different states and have to do long distance? We still haven't talked about kids or anything of importance. We already got married once and look how that turned out. You really think marrying me again is going to make it all better?" Simone asked in frustration. She turned around from him walking away stopping a few steps ahead of him. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she tried to process her emotions. She loved Jordan but she only thought about how much this wasn't going to magically solve their problems. She could already hear her mother in laws wrath for the second time.

Taking out the box from his hidden jacket pocket, he smiled opening it. "You know...it's funny. I've held onto this ring since this past summer. I was planning on purposing to you the night we went to your parent's house for dinner. I saw a life with you and could see us in thirty years sitting around the dining room table just like your parents. At that moment you felt like home to me. I knew that being your husband was all I ever wanted from that moment forward. I never purposed thinking we were too young to get married. That you would say no to me. But then we went to Vegas and we both thought why not? Why wait another minute or another year to be together? That may have not been the correct choice knowing the outcome but I don't regret it. What I do regret is not getting down on one knee and asking you to be my wife. But this time around I want to do it right Simone. I want to spend my life with you, and go through the good and bad together. You deserve the wedding of your dreams and for me to promise that even on my worst days your still the greatest person to ever walk into my life. I know we have a lot to talk about and I promise we will. But what I can promise you is wherever you go, I'll be there with you. Supporting your decision and being the best man I could possibly be," Jordan said. Simone turned around still in a state of shock, as the tears she held in now escaped her.

Trying to process what had been happening, her mind was on overdrive, speechless, as she couldn't form a sentence or words to give him an answer. Jordan held the ring box in his hand as the princess cut diamond ring glistened in the moonlight, sparkling as if it'd been the middle of the day. Her dream ring was now in front of her, not even knowing the man that would be holding it would be the man that she only ever saw a life with. The only one she pictured beside her in thirty years' time. Something she'd thought she would never say. Jordan changed her perspective on life, love, and everything in between. She loved him dearly and for the past few weeks, she had been afraid she was losing him when in reality it was the opposite.

Their future scared her but in that moment, she wanted nothing more than to walk down the aisle for the second time. This time the right way. In front of her closest family and friends at a beautiful outside venue. She wanted to profess her love for the man kneeling before her for the second time. She was terrified of the future or even if she was making the right choice again. She knew they still had so much to discuss and even though she was ready this time around, and fully committed to starting a life with him, she was nervous that she was making a wrong decision for the second time. But she knew that no matter what life threw at them they'd figure it out, like they've always had. "Marry me Simone," Jordan said once again. Simone searched his eyes when she looked up to the clear night sky. "Jordan..." Simone grunted. "If your mom didn't kill us before, she's going to kill us now,". A desperate laugh escaped her when she met his gaze. "Let me deal with my mom. I'll tell her over dinner soon. If anything we could tell her the week before the wedding," Jordan joked while Simone shot him a glare. "Not funny Jordan. My mother in law already thinks I'm a bad influence. Imagine this time around?". Jordan lifted his shoulders to his ears. "Let her think what she wants. Because at the end of the day it's our life and our decision to make. I love my mom, but it's not her choice who I marry. I'm just hoping she'll be okay with it, so she could be apart of our lives. But marry me Simone for the second time. Marry me and we'll figure the rest out later,". Simone hesitated when she thought of the aftermath of what will come out of it this time around. If they've made it out the first time around, she thought what's one more.

Simone let out a deep sigh, nodding. "Yes I'll marry you, Jordan Baker,". The tears that she'd been holding in now escaped her streaming down her cheeks. She collided with him pulling him into a hug while Jordan squeezed her tightly. "I love you Simone, and I'm sorry for ever worrying you these past few weeks. Your the most important part of my life, and I know I'm not great at expressing my feelings to you, or how I feel. But believe me, I'll be damned if I lose you for not trying my hardest. I want you in my life Simone, and I want to marry you. This time in front of everyone we love," Jordan sighed a relief as Simone sobbed burying herself in his shoulder.

"I love you too Jordan,". Simone wiped her tears as Jordan placed the ring on her finger. Getting up off the ground he gazed into his fiancé's eyes, pulling her in for a deep prolonged kiss. Gently pulling away from her, he rested his head on her forehead. "So a spring wedding? Before you know it you'll be officially Simone Hicks Baker. Has a nice ring to it, if you ask me," Jordan grinned from ear to ear. Simone thought for a moment as she matched Jordan's grin. "I could definitely get used to that. Simone Baker does have a nice ring to it. Now that our marriage will be public I could actually go by Mrs. Baker,". Giving him another kiss on the lips, his phone alarm rang cutting the moment short. Jordan grunted taking a look at the time.

"Guess we better get going. We got a few minutes till eleven,". Simone shrugged pulling Jordan towards the passenger side of the car. "According to my watch...we still got five minutes before we have to hit the road. Why don't I show my fiancé husband a thank you gift. Just one of many, might I add. It's the least I could do," Simone pulled her lip in between her teeth. Jordan's eyes widened as a smile appeared on his lips. "I sure do like the sound of that. Five minutes is all we really need. I don't think your parents would mind,". Simone grinned from ear to ear. Her eyes that were filled with love, now changed to lust as she started to unbuckle his belt. "Not at all,". Jordan pulled Simone in for another kiss, as he opened the car door while the both of them entered and locked it behind them.