"Yes, papa!" The boy saluted, pounding the back of his right fist against his chest as his father ushered for him to rejoin his friends. "I'll meet you and mama after I'm done eating!"

"Don't take too long," his father instructed as Ciel turned and rushed off, hasty to get to the meal with his companions. A small smile crossed Levi's face and he turned back around in his seat, just in time as the women set down platters of steaming food across the long wooden table. Once all of the dishes were set, he felt arms drape around his shoulders, hot breath tickling his ear.

"The food looks great, my love," Levi commented, setting his hands on his wife's.

"Better eat up now, because next year, it's the men's turn to cook the annual feast," Chi chuckled, leaving a kiss against his cheek. "We all know that not one of you can cook better than any of us."

"Is that a challenge?"

Chi smirked. "It very well may be."

"Then we shall be victorious, my love. We shall see."

"See, we will indeed," Chi giggled as the table quieted and drew their attention to her, who straightened. "Children, don't forget that you also need to listen!" The children, who had been quietly chatting, quieted and settled down. When all was silent, Chi resumed her speech.

"Thank you all for coming together once again for our annual celebration," she spoke, a large grin decorating her serene face. "But it's important to note that this year is more than just a normal one—it is a milestone. Today marks the tenth year of not only humanity's liberation, but also the day when such a beautiful entity as the sea was first seen by human eyes.

"Coincidentally, that day was also marked the event that happens only once a year: the day the sun aligns with our ocean's horizon, casting beautiful lights upon the world as we know it. Because of the light show and our bonds as comrades, we named this day to be our day of celebration and friendship.

"It's astonishing to realize that it's been ten years since we last saw titans, or knew that the existence of titans threatened our own. But because that fear is no more, we've been able to discover our breathtaking world that we never would've had the opportunity to see. This world is filled with mysteries that have yet to be discovered, and we've only barely scraped the surface of the unknown.

"I am thankful to see so many faces here around me today, for these are the faces of my precious friends—my comrades that faced many dangers and stood by my side proudly, without hesitation. Amid those faces are our legacies—our children. These cherished ones will carry on our names and let them be written in history; they are proof of our overcoming. Although much of our history is unknown prior to the Walls, it is most fascinating to rediscover it for ourselves.

"On such a special day like this, I do pray you enjoy this feast where we come in tandem to create good memories. I would like to thank Sasha, wife to Connie and mother to Hunter, for it is because of her vast knowledge of food that we have such a variety to stuff oneself with. Now, without further ado... dig in!"

At the clap of her hands, whoops and cheers filled the air along with the clinking of silverware against dishware. Chi took her seat, also taking her fill and enjoying the feast.

"How have the excavations been going, Armin?" she asked the blonde-haired man sitting across her mid-chew. "It's been many weeks since we last spoke."

"It has," he replied with a kind smile. "They've been going really well; learning from all of the ruins we encounter is so fascinating. Would it be surprising if I told you that humanity's technology before our knowledge in the Walls may have been more complex and advanced than our's today?"