Showdown (Vol. One Finale)

Depuis le début

"And I think Weiss' hair looks lovely today," a voice I memorized two days ago says.'Oh, thank god, it's Penny. I really need to take my mind off the urge to gut Weiss like a fish.'

"Aaaah! Penny! Where did you come from?" Ruby asks.

"Hey, guys! What are you up to?" Penny asks us, ignoring Ruby's question.

"We're looking for Blake," I say. 'Better to tell part of the truth than to make an elaborate lie that would take work to keep going.'

"You mean the faunus girl that wears black and white?" Penny asks.

"Penny, how did you know that?" Ruby asks.

"Umm, the cat ears," Penny says, pointing to her head.

Yang lets out a small laugh, "What cat ears? She wears a," she pauses at the realization, "bow." And out of nowhere, a tumbleweed rolls in.

"How did it take you that long to find out?" I ask, looking at Yang.

"Wait, you knew?" Yang asks.

Ruby throws in her two cents, "He didn't even need me to explain anything. He just guessed it."

'Well, I didn't guess it. More like Oz already told me, so there wouldn't be any curveballs along the way. But even if he didn't, I probably would have been able to figure it out. It's not as well hidden as Batman being Bruce Wayne to any normal person.'

"So, where is Blake?" Penny asks, causing me to turn my attention back to her.

"We don't know. She's been missing since Friday night," Ruby explains.

That causes Penny to gasp in horror. "Oh no, that's terrible!" Penny exclaims, getting closer to Ruby. "Well, don't you worry, Ruby. I won't rest until we find your teammate!" Penny declares.

Ruby puts on a fake smile, "That's really nice of you, Penny, but we're okay. Right guys?" She asks to no one, apparently. 'What is it with Huntresses being able to appear and disappear when I look away for a second? At least I won't have to deal with Weiss.' I see another tumbleweed roll by.

"It sure is windy today," Penny remarks.

Third Person Pov:

*With Blake and Sun*

"So what's the plan now," Sun asks Blake while putting his hands behind his head.

"I still don't believe that the White Fang is behind all the recent robberies. They've never needed this much dust before," Blake says.

Sun's eyes widen, "What if they did?" he asks while lowering his arms. He starts pacing in front of Blake, "I mean, the only way to prove they didn't do it would be to go to where they would be if they were the ones doing it and not find them there, right?"

"It's a good plan, but the only problem is we don't know where that would be."

"Well," Sun starts, "while I was on the ship, I may or may not have overheard a couple of guys talking about offloading a huge shipment of dust coming in from Atlas."

"How huge?"

"Huge," Sun puts his arms apart for emphasis, "Big Schnee Company freighter."

"You're sure?"

"Yep."

*Meanwhile with Yang and Weiss*

"Thanks anyway," Yang says, walking out of a shop with Weiss, still not having any luck finding Blake. Yang lets out an exhausted sigh, "This is hopeless." Then she looks at Weiss, who doesn't even seem to be worried about her missing teammate. "Weiss, you really don't care if we find her, do you?"