You listened to her carefully.

"The vows made by gods are unbreakable, Y/N, so they are bound by their own words and have to witness people suffer and cannot do anything about it. It is important for you to understand things from their perspective."

"But wouldn't granting us powers and training us for the sole purpose to defeat their children be considered as breaking the vow?", you intervened.

"Like every law, this also contains loopholes due to which such a plan of action was decided. The gods granting you power wouldn't be considered as breaking the vow because the decision to defeat the demigods would be completely yours. They are gods and they can decide the way they want to use their powers, so it is not wrong for them to imbue a few mortals with powers or train them to become heroes. But how they intend to use such powers would completely be their own choice, so the gods cannot be blamed for it. Just think of it like a butterfly effect - their powers 'indirectly' being the cause of their children's defeat wouldn't be considered as breaking the vow."

You nodded in understanding. "So you mean to say that I have every right to back off from this whole plan any time I want?"

"Yes, you do and we can only hope that you don't. Millions of lives are at stake here Y/N, and I am sure you are smart enough to choose the right thing. That is the reason Eileithyia had a hard time selecting the worthy souls. We had to find people with empathy and who would put the happiness of others before their own, to say the least. You can imagine the situation the people and the planets are in, for the gods to resort to such extreme methods. It's not easy for them too,Y/N, to snatch away the lives you guys have built for twenty one years just because they were incapable of seeing their children for who they actually are, for making a decision out of emotions and not logical reasoning. They are immensely apologetic towards all eight of you and your families, they do want to meet you in person, but -"

The vow, you interjected.

"Yes, the vow is stopping them from engaging directly with you. All they can do is give you powers and proper training, but the final decision is entirely upon you. But we all sincerely hope that all eight of you make the right decision."

"I can understand, but how am I supposed to agree to something without knowing anything about it? I don't know anything about the kingdoms and the rulers, so how am I supposed to come to a decision?"

"You will know more about it while training Y/N, your master is going to explain everything to you in detail. Also, the place of your training was chosen such that every year spent there would be equal to an hour on Earth. So even if you train for three years there, you would only be gone from Earth for three hours, that way your family wouldn't be alarmed by your absence. So if after the training you decide to go back to your old life, you can do it without much problems, basically suggesting for you to complete your training first before coming to any conclusion. It was all planned so that you don't feel forced to follow the path set for you. Remember Y/N, you are the one who is in control of yourself, and your choices, always."

You could only hum in response. To be honest, you were bewildered by the revelation but thought it wise to not think too deeply about it unless you know everything about the kingdoms and what kind of effect your decision would have on the lives of others as well as yours.

"Now coming back to the topic in hand, all eight of you will be training under the guidance of Master Chiron -"

"Chiron?!", you interrupted Iris, "you mean THE Chiron, the superlative centaur, the wisest and the justest among all centaurs, the one who trained heroes like Achilles, Asclepius, Odysseus and many other great heroes?"

Iris nodded, taken aback by your sudden outburst.

"So you are saying, the person who trained such great heroes would be training me?"

"Yes Y/N, as far as I know there is only one Chiron, so yes, you would be training under him", Iris responded.

You felt more euphoric than when the fourth season of 'Haikyuu' was announced, though it ended up being a disaster, that's not important right now. 'Training under the guidance of someone like him would be a great honour', you thought.

"Like I was saying, you along with the seven others would be training together under Master Chiron till he deems you fit for your roles, so they would be your new family, at least for the time being."

You were beginning to get curious about the others, now; the kind of people they were, the countries they belonged to, the lives they've led till now and what were their reactions to this sudden load of information.

"Don't worry Y/N, you will meet them soon and you will have all the time in the world to get to know each other. But I want you to keep in mind one thing, though I know I don't have to say this to you, don't judge anyone hastily. The rest is for you to decide.

We need you to commence your training without any further delay. Do you have any further questions?"

You shook your head.

"In that case, I will be teleporting you to the 'Eye of God', which is your training ground. If you have any further questions, you can always ask your master, he will do a much better job explaining things to you."

You nodded in understanding and braced yourself for what was yet to come.

"I bid you farewell now Y/N, and Good luck for all your future endeavors. Good thoughts and sound decisions to you." she smiled at you one last time, which you returned nervously.

Though you were excited, the thought of being a part of a new world and a new life was unnerving. But you decided to go head-on like you always do, thinking how it could not be any different from your life on Earth where everyday was a battle in itself when a bright light flashed again.