Too Good To Be True

"Hi, daddy good morning!" Elodie jumps on me. She hugs my face with her small body slowly suffocating me.

"Elodie, love I can't breathe"

"DON'T MOVE FROM HERE. UNDERSTAND?" She orders with wide eyes.

"Love, I'm supposed to say that. I'm the father."

"Daddy, UNDERSTAND?" I nod my head. She skips out of the room like nothing happened with a grin on her face.

Scary child.

"Hi, daddy can you go get dressed NICELY," Chase says holding Kooka.

"Why?"

"Daddy how many times did mommy say don't question her?"

What is it with children bossing me around today?

"Right sorry" I stand up while relaxing my muscles. I head to the bathroom and do my business there. I stare at the clothes in the closet not knowing what to wear. I grab a black suit jacket and pants with thin white stripes. I add a white T-shirt with a Louis Vuitton belt.

I put on my rings including our promise ring

I put on my rings including our promise ring. With a silver chain and my white sun crystal quartz necklace to complete my look. I grab a box with the gift I bought for Pearl. Today is our anniversary and she made me promise not to do anything. Every year I'd make a big deal out of it because it is a big deal. I let her do whatever she wants just this time.

Elijah comes in looking very suspicious. He covers it with a huge smile that makes his eyes sparkle. His eyes are so beautiful a mix of both mine and Pearl's.

"Let's go daddy" I take his hand following him down the stairs. Elijah let's go off my hand before running away into his room. I find a trail of maroon, creamy pink, white and beige petals on the floor so I follow the trail.

It leads me to the balcony full of fairy lights. The Eiffel tower crystal clear. The houses full of flowers decorate the view. The smell of chocolate takes over my nose. In the middle of the table surrounded by candles, there is an envelope. I grab the envelope that says 'To my Precious' and I open it. I read the letter slowly as my eyes turn glossy. I finish the letter with a few tears on my cheek.

"Happy anniversary Precious" I hear her whisper in my ear from behind me. I turn around to kiss her. I kiss her softly and passionately showing her how much I love her. I take a look at the beautiful angel in front of me. Her soft smile brings me life. Her gentle calm eyes feel like home.

Too good to be true.

The baby blue dress she wore fit her like a second skin. The arms of the dress looked elegant and soft. She wore the moon necklace I bought her with our promise ring.

I wore it too.