Familiar

I haven't really had a proper conversation with Leo. Since the moment we had on the roof. It felt weird it's like I love him...  It felt like a movie. It was so romantic. When I told him he was my favorite person he smiled like a child looking at chocolate. I tried throwing away the thoughts but they kept coming back. what if I actually love him.

I mean I could be I'm not going to go through a dumb denial phase at least.

I heard a knock on the door. I ran to open the door, hoping its's Leandro.

"Hey, I missed you, Leo". I said smiling. My smile disappeared and I felt my heart sink. I didn't know who was at the door. He looked familiar. He locked the door and came in. I tried going out of the room, but he kept pulling me.

"Listen" he growled. I looked at him waiting for his next words.

"Aww, Princesa is crying." He mocked. He started choking me against the wall. I felt my breath get heavier and my eyes are fighting to stay open. There was a strong chemical smell, and my head started spinning. that was the last thing I remember before blacking out.

He didn't say anything after he said listen?

Idiot

__________

Leandro's POV:

I didn't talk to pearl. I was afraid to make her uncomfortable so I dropped it. I tried giving her as much time and space. It felt real.  I know she isn't looking for love, so i'll just keep it to myself. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang coming from her room.

I knocked on the door but no response. Knocked again, no response. Something isn't right. I asked a housekeeper to open the door.

As I opened the door I found pearl unconscious on the floor. I felt my heart fall to my feet. My breathe quickened. I ran towards her, I tried moving her, but nothing. "Pearl" I called shaking her.

What happened?
________
10 hours later........

Pearl was still unconscious. The doctor said she was drugged and she'd wake up today. I didn't know why anyone would do this to her. She is the purest person I know. I was scared something would happen to her. I should've protected her, it's my fault.

I have a feeling it's Maddox.

But why?

God, I ask too many questions.

I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears and kissed her temple. She's gorgeous even when she's hurt.

"Leo" I heard someone call weakly. I got up from the chair and went to pearl. "You're ok" I cheered and hugged her. I tried stopping myself from letting out a tear, but I couldn't.

"Are you crying," she asked laughing lightly.

"No" I replied.

"Aw, you are" she cooed.

"I'm so happy you're ok" I smiled.

"Why do you think someone would harm me, but just leave afterwards"

"Maybe he wants something he's trying to catch our attention"

"can we go back to the hotel, please," she said with puppy eyes clearly tired.

"Sure, but we're staying in the same room". I'm not leaving here until I make sure no one would try to hurt her again.
__________

Unknown POV:

I stood in front of Pearl's room waiting for the door to open.

"Hey, I missed you, Leo". she said smiling. Her face turned pale and her smile flattened. It looked like she's seen a ghost. I locked the door and came in. She tried fighting me but I kept pulling her harder.

I feel bad for hurting her knowing she's completely innocent.

"Listen" I growled. She looked up at me with fear clear in her eyes.

I started choking her against the wall. I felt her breath get heavier and her eyes starting to close. I drugged her with a cloth. I made sure to get out of the room as fast as possible before Leandro hears a loud thud.

I called my father telling him I did what he ordered.

Leandro of course will suspect me so he's either going to want to kill me or forget about it. If he comes after me we'll keep both of them until he does his last mission. If he forgets I'll go after him to get him to the mission that he started.

All his fault for rejecting the second biggest mafia's sister. Know we have another mafia wanting to kill us.

__________________