Chapter 9

In the Schnee mansion we see a butler hurriedly rush into one of the kitchens, grab bottle of red whine, a wine glass and a round black tray before rushing back out and sprinting down the corridors of the labyrinth like hallways eventually reaching his designation. The nameless butler grabbed a cloth from his pocket and started wiping away any proof of him rushing to the location only to turn and notice a pair of young, light blue eyes watching him with hidden worry. The butler frowned apologetically at the young Schnee heir before entering the room acting as stoic and professional as possible into the room with the two arguing adults. Whitley Schnee was, for lack of a better term, afraid and this was not the first time but recently it got worse. It is not physical pain and scoldings he fears, no he had grown numb to those to the point his emotions had followed suite in order to protect the boy. Turning away from the yelling he walked off thinking about everything that had happened since the collision, how he became the dust company heir, how his sisters dont understand his dislike for them is due to their abandonment, how after everything that has happened they forget he still had no normal childhood experiences and only had his father to learn from as he was interrupted from seeing his mother except for when she was.. soaking her sorrows. Its been that way for so long that, that is the only picture he has of her and why he didnt seem surprised when the butler brought wine to an already seemingly out of control fight.

Whitley: Maybe I could just leave. Not like anyone would care, I have enough Lien.. Right, lien is no longer the global currency. Either way I have enough funds to escape just fine but any transactions I make in the future might be spotted and traced back to my location. This is too troublesome..

His monologue was interrupted by the news reporter that has been watched the most as of recently, Jane Light, the only reporter brave enough to attempt to interview violent gangsters to ask about a trend they know nothing about.

Jane: Breaking news. Is your teenager involved with gang activity? You should be sure because there was a massacre at Juniors club due to a surprise visit from rival gang The Rottweilers who charged into the club guns blazing while human sweetheart and heart throb Ashton Blaine was on stage performing. The sudden attack left many dead leaving a trail of death, carnage and many mourning parents. We have reason to believe he might be a target for the Rottweilers gang but as luck had it, if you can call it that, he seemed to have been rescued by the downtown reapers who fought back and even managed to lead away any gang members left behind. This act has earned them praise and-

Jane was cut off as the television in Beth and Jennys room was shut off by Beth herself.

Beth: What a load of Grimm shit.

Jenny: Hey, hey, hey! Turn that back on I wanna hear this.

Jenny grabbed the remote and immediately turned the television back on happy knowing that she didnt miss any of Janes praise.

Beth: Ugh, whatever. Im gonna go get something to eat.

Jenny: Get me something too.

Beth: Now why would I do that? Youre apparently so stuffed you cant even get off the damn couch.

Beth made her quip as she stood up easily avoiding Jennys attempt to grab her before heading out of the room. Grabbing the keys to her motorcycle which she paid Yin to upgrade she hopped on and started the engine to drive to where ever her stomach pulled her to. She glanced at cafes and restaurants she passed hoping to find something that caught her attention only to find nothing, having no other choice she went to a good friend of hers that she always relied on. Juniors. Parking in front of his club she got off her bike and walked inside ignoring the cheers.

Junior: Hey kid. How you been?

Beth: Hungry, any recommendations?

Juniors: Nothing comes to mind. How about ordering something here?