TAKE 19 - Smashed

Start from the beginning

And that was the very mission – they had been/have been in the middle of executing off in the field as a unit. They had started well in the Powerplay with both their openers Sameer and Raunak taking turns on either ends to power and fire India to the exact start they needed. India's score to start with was 40 runs in 4 overs. However, the first setback for them came immediately then as Sameer fell to a brilliant stumping by the England wicket keeper in the very next ball. India's score then was – 40/1 – in 4.1 overs.

Raunak had scored – 20 runs too till that point.Sameer had just lost his wicket after scoring 20 runs too. In came in – India's deputy(Vice -Captain) – Ved next. His determined, focussed and positively aggressively approach along with Raunak in steering the innings through – kind off steered and cemented the Innings positively for India – as they built a partnership together that was starting to worry England on the other end.

Raunak and Ved batted brilliantly for a partnership stand off about 100 runs in which Raunak had contributed about 40 more runs from his end and Ved had contributed about 60 runs. India was looking pretty much in control of the innings at that point as they were 140/1 – in 12 overs.

Runboard until that Point was –

Sameer – 20 runs – Out

Raunak – 60 runs - Batting

Ved – 60 runs- Batting

However, the setback for the Indian unit in the game came in the very next over as England's ace pacer clinched wickets of both Raunak, Yuvaan and Ved in the next three balls in some killer reverse swings delivery's. Raunak lost his wicket first after which Yuvaan went in to Bat.Yuvaan got clean bowled in the very first delivery. In went in Captain Dev next and he took a successful single to start with and just when everyone in the stands was in the hope of seeing Skipper and his Deputy play in tandem – Ved lost his wicket in a catch out at Long Off.So as India lost three wickets back-to-back in that over - all of a sudden – all of India's fans in the stadium – went all silent and Hush in their Momentum for they could obviously sense by England's thrill and happiness in the moment that – they had managed to steer themselves back in the game.

Scoreboard for India then – 142/4 in 13 Overs.They were still 83 runs away from victory with 42 balls remaining.The required run rate – almost double. Which also meant that India could not afford to risk picking their foot up from the run accelerator mode too.They had to keep scoring steadily yet aggressively.

Which was exactly what Captain Dev and their young new promising batsmen – Rishi did in the next two overs. Cap anchored Rishi on the other end and kept on rotating in the strike – just edging on Rishi to play fearlessly and freely with his natural game – a strategy which worked for Rishi immense in his mind because of the way his Skipper had shown faith in him game in such a crucial point of the match. Off fired – Rishi's bat – in the next two overs – along with a couple of singles and boundaries with his Skipper. Rishi had already fired 3 fours and 2 sixes – in the mere 8 balls he had faced – and had scored 26 runs in just 8 balls. Cap was steadying in through slowly by rotating the strike and had fired a boundary for 4 through too. He was on 8 runs. Rishi on 26 runs – by the end off the 15th over – pushing India's total too – 176/4 – 15 overs.

India still needed – 49 runs to win in 30 balls– which is why it could be aptly said that the situation in the Gaming Scene on the 22 Yards at the Oval London – once again – was completely taut and tense – for either of the sides, given that it could still be anybody's game – still. India still had some fire hitting power to come in the form of their bowling all-rounder ASR next – but England's consistency in death bowling had also been commendable throughout.