TAKE 19 - Smashed

Start from the beginning

...................

TAKE 19 – Smashed

Two More Days Later

Two More Days Later

5th April, 2019

8:30 PM – At the Oval, London

The Final T20 Match, which is also the Decider and the last game of India in its long tour of England is currently underway at the Oval – London.The Stadium is jamm packed with cricketing fans not only in support of England but also India. It could be aptly said – that the percentage of India Vs England fans in the crowd was – 50:50. Every cricket fan in England who was not present in the stadium was glued to their respective screens otherwise – just like every Indian cricket fan and enthusiast along with the players friends and families was still wide awake in India even though it was nearing 1:00 AM in the night for them(due to the time difference) – watching the game upon screen for the conclusive result of the Series with just one thing on their Mind. Which off the two teams was going to walk away with winning – Two Series Out of the Three – on this Bilateral International Tour – in between of India and England??

Precontext : Today - England had won the Toss and chose to Bat first. And they had managed to put up a daunting score off 224/8 wickets in their 20 overs. India's bowlers had taken regular wickets in intervals but then England had answered back competitively with the bat in the form of pivotal partnerships. India's ace pacer (Daksh) had clinched – 3 wickets. Another one of India's Vintage pacer – Sherma had clinched – 2 wickets. And India's premier bowling all-rounder – ASR- with his lethal mix of spin+ pace – had managed to clinch 3 wickets too. But these were just the wicket figures. Given the merciless hitting T20 format of the game – each of these bowlers along with the rest of the bowlers in the unit had been hit away for runs too. The England unit had swung their bats hard today – given that they were fighting for more than just the Win – at their home ground. They wanted to clinch the T20 series - Bad. It would be a good way for them to finish the Tour with 2 Series Win in the Limited overs format – both ODI's and T20's.

But – that's what makes the gaming contest more fun – isn't it? When Two Teams – want that Win – as Bad – totally driven by their passion and commitment to their game. And this undying passionate spirit of cricket once again – was the factor that was the driving force behind the thrilling game spectacle that was underway right now on the field.

For Even though the score had been daunting on the score-board to chase down in the decider game – India had come padded to the crease with the positive conviction that they could chase the 225 runs to victory – Indeed. For it was always that belief that mattered. That belief that the game was never over until it's actually over until that last very ball - as guided by their Coaches, and Skipper in the Pep talk before the second innings began. This was It – for India too. They had won the Test Series to start with but they had lost out in nail biting thrilling games in the ODI series. For them as a unit – it was also about giving it their very best and very all on the field today.