"Okay okay," I said quickly, as my mind raced with excuses to give her but nothing excuse-worthy came forth, instead I blurted, "I think his ex-wife is back."

She let out a small gasp, "the one that's supposed to be dead?"

"Celine!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just shocked, how do you know she's back? Oh my God, don't tell me she tried to confront you, lord I would kill the bitch if she did."

"Slow down Mike Tyson," I said quickly. "I didn't see her, but I have a terrible feeling she was the one following us the other day at the bar."

"Someone was following us?" she sounded genuinely confused.

"Yeah, but I did not tell you because I was not sure. But I've had a whole week to revisit the images in my head and I am 100 percent certain we were being followed and watched."I admitted.

"Jesus Christine that's creepy. You should have told me." I could hear the panic rising in her voice, the very reason I had not told her.

"Look I did not tell you this so you could have a panic attack worrying about me. I'm fine, I just want you to be careful over there, they may as well have been following you and that thought is even scarier." I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"So what are you going to do now?" she asked in a concerned tone. I knew I should not have told her.

"Nothing, it is still possible that it was just one of those my panoramic thoughts again. I'll be fine, Lucas is here with me. Just be safe for me."

"I will." she assured me, "Now I hate that I'm so far away. You do know I can come back..."

"No," I cut her off sharply, "you will do no such thing, I cannot end your vacation over a silly hunch like that. I promise I'll be fine."

"Okay," she sighed in defeat, "just promise me you would call if anything comes up."

"You know I will. I should go to bed now, it's late." I lied, not wanting her to change her mind about coming back again.

"Okay, I love you so much," she highlighted the 'so,' for a few seconds.

"I love you even more. Kisses and send my love to Alex."

I let out a long sigh and lay on my back as I got off the call. I might have been able to convince Celine now that I was fine but I was far from fine and I could only hope she would not worry about me. I could not bring it up to Lucas yet either, that would just add to the list of people worrying about me for what could just as well be a simple hunch.

The sound of my phone chiming cut my thoughts short. I picked it off my chest and checked to see who the message was from. A small smile formed on my face as I read the message from Lucas.

I believe I was promised a shave from my girlfriend.

I snorted lightly and sat up to reply to him.

I thought you were busy with work.

He sent a reply almost immediately. It felt weird that we were texting each other when we were only a few rooms away from each other, but I was not complaining.

There's another form of work that has had my attention all day. And yes it has everything to do with your body.

If you keep filling my head with thoughts like that, I won't be able to stay away from you all night.

That's the plan baby. I'm waiting for you, I meant we are waiting for you so do not keep us waiting.

I did not need to ask to know who the other was and I was glad to oblige to his invitation, even though I still had so much in my mind. I crawled off my bed and slipped my legs into the pair of flip-flops on the side. I grabbed my robe and put it on, though I knew I would not need to have it on for much longer either way.