chapter eighteen: what the hell where we? (3rd person pov)

You storm off to the campfire crying. You run past everyone and go into the woods. Neil notices and chases after you. You stop at a river panting and crying. Neil notices you and walks over. "Hey Harper what's wrong?"

"I thought me and Max were something. Or at least had something, I don't know. But when I walked in the tent to just go get some fucking sunscreen I saw Ered giving him a taking his pants off. What the fuck am I? Just some girl with big boobs he can fuck with? I don't get it anymore." I cried, sitting down on the ground sobbing. "Look, eh.." Neil said. Sitting down next to me. "Max dose this a lot, he has sex with a new girl almost every night. But, things have been different when you showed up. He hasn't been doing those things. Maybe he was trying to make you jealous?" I look at him. "Oh please. He wasn't even thinking of me when doing that." "You'd be surprised actually." Neil responded. "What do you mean-" Just then Max starts running towards me.

"Harper! There you are. Look i'm sorr-"

"No. What the fuck was that Max? I thought you had at least a little bit of interest in me. And then you go have fun with Ered?"

"Woah, are you actually crying? Look, i'm sorry.."

"Whatever. I don't care." I say rubbing my eyes. Leaning into Neil. He hugs me. "Cmon Harper lets go." Neil said. Giving Max a bad look.