chapter eleven: im sorry. (maxs pov)

The whole day people have been coming up to Harper talking about her boobs. I felt a little bad, but I didn't care that much, David just couldn't find out.

𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢 earlier:

I was in David's office talking about what had happened and he asked me something. With a raised eyebrow he said, "Max, why do you care so much about this girl? You never care about any camper." "David shut the fuck up. I don't care about her, I just don't want to get in trouble." Again, he looked confused. "But you never care-" "JUST FUCKING LEAVE IT ALONE DAVID!" He stopped talking, I didn't mean to lash out like that. David got up from his chair and pulled out a file. He sat back down, sighing he looked at me. I crossed my arms, waiting for whatever this idiot was going to say. "Max... do you remember when, we had to put on a play for parents day, but there was nothing in your file?" Of course I remember that fucking day. I remember when it felt like someone was punching me in the chest, remember that gut feeling I had when I felt like I had no one. "Yeah David, thanks for bringing that up you asshole." He frowned. "No, that's not why i'm bringing it up Max, take a look at Harpers file." When I looked down at what David was showing me, her parents didn't write anything ether. I was surprised, it felt weird seeing this, but I needed to stay uh normal. "Cool, why should I care?" David plastered a smile back on his stupid face. "Well I was thinking since I know this must be hard for both of you, maybe I show harper your file and she may feel less alone." "Wait WHAT?! Absolutely fucking not, no you are not showing the new hot girl my personal problems David. Ill be good this week I swear." David's face lit up. "Oh really? Well I suppose if you'll be good..." He put away the file. "So dose this mean I can leave now?" I got up from the chair. David came over to try and hug me. I backed away of course. "Oh alright, have a good day max." He said. Yeah whatever.

𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢:

I was walking with Harper to lunch. Luckily no one said anything about her boobs, I would say though at least the whole camp came up to her today. So I lost fucking all my money. But people were just doing it for fun now. When we got our food I sat down at our usual lunch table. Harper was there first, followed with an awkward silence until Nikki and Neil showed up. Harper was picking at her food. Shit, she caught me looking at her boobs again. Eventually, we started talking, it actually wasn't so bad. Until fucking Harrison came over. "Hey Harper, heh nice boobs." He pointed at her, Harrisons friends laughed. Harper didn't even fight back at that point, she just put her hoodie over her head and banged it on the table groaning. "Uggauhh." I looked at her, and knew I had to do something or obviously david would show her my file, not because I cared or anything. Grabbing mine and Neils lunch tray I stood up on the table. I banged them both together, that got everyone one's attention. "Alright, assholes everyone listen the fuck up. If I hear one more person say anything about Harper's boobs to her other then me, I will make sure to make this camp more of a fucking hell for you then it already is! So leave her the fuck alone." The whole room was silent, I looked at Harper she was smiling at me. I sat back down, and slowly everyone got back to talking. "Thanks Max." Harper said, keeping eye contact with me. Grinning, I responded,  "no problem new girl." The rest of the lunch went smoothly.