We should break up

Aurora POV
My eyes fluttered open and I blinked as my eyes adjusted to the bright light in the med room with a shadow looming over me.

"Hey," Thomas said calmly.

Where's Newt?" I asked him plainly.

"Wow, I save you and the first one you want is Newt," Thomas chuckled with a fake hurt look.

I rolled my eyes and turned my head to find Newt's med bed empty.

"He's been up for a while. After you came in he was let out and wandered up to your room." Thomas explained.

My eyes widened as I shot up. There was still blood all over my floor. Newt wouldn't like seeing that, then knowing I hadn't been patched up till recently would get him upset as well.

"Woah relax there. It's ok, he went up 5 minutes ago," Thomas chuckled.

I launched myself out of bed and towards the door.

"HEY! TONY ISN'T GOING TO LIKE YPU RUNNING AROUND AFTER THAT FAINTING FIASCO!" Thomas called.

I ignored him and teleported to my room to see Newt sat by one of the bigger puddles.

"Newtie?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear as I took a step towards him.

"When did you get those wounds patched up?" He mumbled.

"I-" I started.

"No! No excuse! Please. Just tell me," he pleaded.

"Before you woke up," I admitted dropping my gaze to the ground of my room.

I felt Newt walk over to me and pull me into his embrace.

"Please, don't ever do that again," he muttered. "Don't let yourself bleed out because your anxious if I'm ok."

I nodded and a few tears escaped my eyes. I wrapped my arms under his shoulder and shut my eyes tight. It was good having Newt back, I mean he never left but it felt like he had. Then Lilly ran in, ruining our moment.

"NEWT! I have been looking for you!" She exclaimed puffing.

She'd obviously run all over the compound to look for him and this was the last place she would have looked.

"Yes Lils," Newt exclaimed, not letting go of me.

"Dad-uh I mean, Tony said I need to train you. Like if a knife comes flying at you again," Lilly explained.

I looked down again and Newt squeezed me tighter.

"Yeah sure, want to meet at the training room?" He asked, accepting her offer.

"Yeah in an hour," she replied. "That's should give you enough time to hang with your girlfriend."

She smirked before walking out. Newt rolled his brown eyes before looking down at me, who was had moved my head to gaze at the door. Newt stroked me hair, which surprised me so I jumped a bit. He chuckled and we sunk to the floor. I just sat there, in his arms, as he stroked my hair.

"Whelp, I gotta go love," Newt whispered in my ear.

"No don't go. Pwease." I whined in return.

"Lilly is right. If I don't train myself to catch knives or whatever, I won't be prepared if someone throws one at me." He explained and as I looked down and away from him, he added. "I don't mean you love."

I looked back up at him and gave him a small smile. He pecked me on the lips before pulling away, standing up and running out to meet Lilly at the training room, leaving me sat on the floor, alone. I sniffled and pulled my knees to my chest.