Fault

Newt POV
"How? How are you haunted?!" I asked again, pacing the room.

"Newt your making her uncomfortable," Lilly snapped at me.

Aurora was sat on the bed hugging a pillow staring at nothing. I walked over to her and crouched in front of her.

"Hey," I put my fingers under her chin to direct her eye line to me. "It's ok, those people are dead but it's not your fault, it's WCKDs."

"I still did it," she muttered.

"So? WCKD told you to do that and you had no choice but to follow them," Thomas chimed in.

"Except I did have a choice. Believe it or not I could have taken that stupid chip out myself but decided not to because I liked killing people!" She snapped.

I looked over at Tony and Thomas who both wore a shocked expression at Aura's outburst. She seemed to recognise this and immediately apologised.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She rushed letting her head fall onto her pillow and squeezed it tighter.

Her body shook and I could tell she was crying. I got up and sat next to her.

"It's ok love, it's not your fault you didn't take the chip out and you liked killing people. I still love you and everyone here forgives you. Don't you guys?" I explained giving everyone a look before they answered.

"Of course we forgive you," Thomas said walking over. "Your my girlfriend ms best friend and your like a sister to me, so of course I forgive you." He planted a kiss on Lilly's cheek and sat next to her.

"And we forgive you as well, obviously killing people is wrong but I'm pretty sure you knew that we wouldn't let you kill for fun so you used the chip as an excuse to do it," Tony said smiling.

Aurora's lip trembled and she went back to crying into her pillow. I gave Tony the face that told him he was not helping at all before turning to my girlfriend and stroking her hair.

"That came out wrong sorry," Tony mumbled before walking out and slamming the door behind him, making us all jump.

"Aura? Can you look at me?" I asked gently.

She shook her head and continued crying into her pillow. I went to speak again but Thomas and Lilly stopped me.

"What?" I mouthed.

"Thomas said he can make out what she's saying when she's crying," Lilly mouthed back.

I shrugged and Thomas tapped Aurora's back.

"Aurora? Can you talk to us please?" Thomas whispered loud enough for her to hear.

"Aodkeocen," I heard her mutter.

Both Lilly and I looked at Thomas in confusion.

"She said, 'I can't look at Newt without remembering what I said to him and what I did'," Thomas translated.

"You got all that from a mumble of random things?" Lilly exclaimed.

"We had a lot of spare time in the glade," he shrugged.

"I can see that," I mentioned before turning back to Aura. "What you said to me doesn't matter now, and those people are dead now and it's not your fault."

"Ajdwijxhedke," she mumbled through her pillow again.

"She said, 'I'm reading your mind blondie, it does matter to you and killing those people was my fault, and Lilly's. No offence Lilly'," Thomas translated yet again.

"None taken," Lilly mumbled grabbing a hair tie from her wrist and starting a braid in Aurora's hair.

I huffed. She got me there. I couldn't stop thinking of what she'd said to me, even though it was the WCKD chipped side of her talking. Was it true?

"No it wasn't," Aurora mumbled looking towards me.

"She said, 'No-" Thomas started.

"She wasn't talking in riddles this time Tommy!" Lilly snapped. "Stop ruining their moment!"

She then got up and dragged Thomas out with her. Thomas ran back in a second later and planted a kiss on Aura's head.

"It'll get better, stop blaming yourself," he said reassuringly.

I knew Aurora was like a sister to him and wouldn't cheat on Lilly with Aurora, and Aurora would never allow it. But I just couldn't help the jealous feeling bubbling up inside me. Aurora seemed to notice and sat up properly, turning towards me and putting her warm hands on my cheeks.

"Tommy is like a brother to me. I would never date him. It wouldn't be fair on Lilly or you. I only love you," she said leaning in.

I leaned in as well and just as we were about to touch lips, she placed her palm over my mouth.

"So easy to tease," she giggled.

My heart melted at her giggle but I couldn't show that. I tried saying something but it came out as muffled.

"I'm sorry what was that?" She joked putting a hand to her ear.

I pulled her hand off my mouth.

"Hey! When did you start teasing me?!" I repeated clearer.

"Since now," she smiled standing up.

"Where you going?" I asked standing up.

"The bathroom, I can go by myself you know," She laughed.

I nodded as she walked off. Her mood just changed in like two seconds. Is that what all girls are like? I should ask Lilly.

Lilly POV
It was my fault. I swear it was my fault. I don't have a reason I just know it's my fault that we were chipped and had to kill all those people. Poor Aurora blamed it on herself when it was me all along.

"You ok?" Thomas asked.

"Mhm," I sighed. "No, I'm not. It's my fault Aurora feels the way she does. It's my fault we were chipped. We should have just let you guys help us out of the facility and then we should have saved Aurora from WCKD sooner!"

"Hey, shhhh it's ok," Thomas reassured me and pulled me into a hug. "It's not entirely your fault. It's mine and Newts as well. And some of it Aurora, but not you."

I could tell he was lying. It was all four of us, Newt, Aurora, him and I, we all contributed to this.

"We need to confront WCKD!" Tony explained popping up behind us from absolutely no where.

Thomas and I jumped but nodded.

"So what do we have to do?" Thomas asked.