Death Becomes Us

Aurora POV
Lilly was with me and that's all the voice wanted. Not what I wanted. The voice. I had no idea how it had got there and no idea how to get it out. It was like my anger was rising to the surface and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Good," I exclaimed walking out.

Lilly followed me and I lead her down to the basement under the house. It smelled quite nice despite being a basement but I was ok with that. I pointed to the couch in the far corner.

"Sit," I ordered.

I didn't want to order anything. Trust me. I hated it. But the voice made me do it and Lilly obeyed me, she walked over to the couch with me following and we sat down. I rested my arm on the arm chair and blue mist flowed from me and around us, creating vines, flowers and moss anything an abandoned street would develop overtime. I was just making the process quicker.

"AURORA!" I heard Newt yell.

My brain wanted to scream out that I was here. That I was being controlled. But I couldn't. I looked over at Lilly to see a tear slip down her emotionless face and soon enough I felt the same happen to me. The room was now officially covered in plants and I stood up to examine my work. When I found myself proud enough, we glided out the basement and out the house ignoring our friends.

"Where shall we go?" Lilly asked looking at me.

"Underground," I replied knowing that she knew exactly what I was thinking.

The voice in our heads was clear. Kill as many people as possible. The more you kill the more we know.

The more we know, the more we know. I repeated.

My eyes widened and I turned to look at Lilly for a split second before they regained control. We knew who it was. We knew who was controlling us and we couldn't tell anyone.

"WAIT AURORA!" Newt yelled from behind us.

I whipped my head around to look at him. He stopped a few metres away, and I could tell he was nervous to talk to me because of the way he was playing with his hands.

"Yes?" I snapped as politely as I could.

"I love you, forever and ever. Just remember that," he said before limping quickly to the rest of the group.

My heart softened and regret flashed through my mind, but none of it was held in my eyes and I could feel it. I turned back to the direction I was heading in the first place and walked off with Lilly beside me.

"Underground it is," she mentioned snapping her fingers.

The earth below us moved so we'd sink into it and disappear from sight.

Newt POV
Tears welled up in my eyes as I reached the group and Nat pulled me into a hug. My fist instinct was to hug her back and I did. I didn't care what Aura thought anymore, she obviously didn't care about me the way she once did. Makes me think, maybe it was all an act, maybe she didn't like me in the first place and just saved my life so she could see me suffer.

"It'll be ok mate," Thomas said clapping me on the back. "She'll come back."

I straightened up and stepped away from Nat wiping my eyes, which I'm guessing were now puffy and red.

"I hope you're right," I muttered turning to watch as the love of my life disappeared beneath the earth's surface with my mates girlfriend.

I huffed and turned to the group.

"The next time they strike, we go after them. No delays!" I shouted.

There wasn't a big group of us and the girls had their magic, but we could handle it. We were a team, they were just a couple of friends on a killing spree.

Lilly POV
After we moved to the space underneath the cave we changed out of our black leather suits and into something more suitable for the temperature in our location. It got hotter down here as we were closer to the earth's core, but the gems down here were priceless as well as the view. Aurora walked over to one of the walls and pulled out handful of crystals and took out a bottle of what looked like gold liquid from her pocket. I walked to the nearest bench and laid down attempting to get as much sleep as possible before our 'killing spree' as the voice looked to call it.

Aurora POV
I was making another thing that we could have after Tony found something to help us with the voices. Today it was crowns. Two gold ones but each with a different gem. Lilly would have an agate crown to signify her balance with the elements she controls, and mine would hold rubies because I like the colour and couldn't find anything else that would fit into the gold band I was planning to make. I slid over to one of the hottest parts of the cave and molded the gold into bands and slipped the gems into the required places. I then put them in the coolest part and looked over the map we had brought with us. There was a tiny town not far from here and I was sure we could kill half each.

Yes! Do it! A feminine voice rang through my head.

I unwillingly listened to it and circled the town on the map.

"Lilly," I shouted making her jolt awake.

"Oh so I can't wake you up but you can wake me!" She snapped.

I ignored her and pointed to the town.

"This is where we strike," I explained. "The plan is up to you."

I let her think for a while before she snapped her fingers and the ground moved, transporting us upwards. I smacked my hand on the ground making it stop.

"Clothes," I reminded her.

"Right, can't go round killing people with a bra and shorts on." She joked.

I laughed and pulled up my suit as she did. I let my hair down and it fell over my shoulders, moving every time I moved my head. Lilly looked at me and I nodded. She smirked and we moved to the surface where we'd kill. As soon as people saw us they fled, they'd heard about the two in black on the news and honestly I thought it was unfair. We didn't have the element of surprise anymore, they all knew who we were. I shrugged and walked over to the first person I saw and ripped out their heart before looking at Lilly in success. She smirked and we started our killing spree. We slit throats, choked, drowned, ripped hearts out, anything you could think of we had most likely done. Then it came to the last few people in the town. All were terrified and were putting up a good fight to keep us away from them but we obviously won. I flipped over one guys head and killed the people behind him before turning around to the man, who was now facing me, and plunging my hand through his chest and to his heart before pulling it out and watching him fall dead to the ground. Lilly on the other hand used her knives to move through her group and ended staring crazily at the last person.

"Death Becomes Us," I mumbled crushing the man's heart in my hand.

"Death Becomes Us," Lilly repeated slitting the last guys throat and watching him fall to the floor.