11. Leaky Cauldron

Start from the beginning

A man with mousy hair that had streaks of gray came in and looked around the pub. He eyes swept around the room searching for someone, when he gazed over Olivia she saw him do a double take. He quickly moved along, and sat at the table next to her.

He carried a briefcase that he sat next to his chair, Olivia leaned forward and seen that the briefcase read R. J. Lupin on the top of it. She poked the man in the shoulder, when he turned around, she greeted him with a wide smile.

"Hi, sorry to bother you, mate, but are Remus Lupin by any chance?" She asked

The man confused, "Yes that's me.."

"Oh good! Professor Dumbledore brought me along to tell you that he would be late, he had a meeting at the bank but it shouldn't run too long. You're more than welcomed to wait with me!" She informed him kindly gesturing to the empty chairs at her table. "Oh I'm Olivia Evans by the way." She reached out her hand for him to shake.

Remus Lupin didn't know if his ears were playing tricks on him, when the girl said her last name was Evans. It was one thing that when he seen her he had to look twice thinking that he saw an old friend of his.

He shook her hand, "Nice to meet you..." he joined her at the table sitting across from the girl.

"So I was told you're interviewing for the Defense opening, that's exciting!" She made small talk with the man, who looked at her oddly.

"Oh yes, Dumbledore wrote to me asking if I'd like to apply... no offense but you seem awfully young, are you a student at Hogwarts?" He asked

"Yeah! I'll be in my 5th year, but in the summer I work at the school some. My guardian is a teacher there, so instead of sitting around I asked if I could help around. I'm usually at the school but today Professor Dumbledore said he needed me to help him, so here I am!" Olivia chirped "speaking of the man of the hour, here he is." Looking over Remus shoulder he looked too to see the white hair wizard stroll in.

"My apologies Remus, I hope Ollie was able to keep you company in my absence." The headmaster said, shaking the mans hand and taking a seat next to the red headed girl.

"Now, let's get down to business." Looking around the pub had cleared out all for Tom the owner who headed for the back room.

"I'll leave you both then-" Olivia began to say

"Nonsense, you can stay, I'm sure your input is welcomed here." Dumbledore said, Remus gave him a wary look but didn't protest. "Now Remus, as you know I'm in need of Defense teacher, and if I recall you was rather gifted in the subject at school."

"Yes sir."

"I'm prepared to offer you the position but I know your condition was raised into question when You wrote back to me." Dumbledore stated, Remus eyed the man widely and look at the girl. The old wizard took notice. "Oh no need to worry, dear Ollie here has my full trust. As I know she will find out sooner or later from her guardian, I'm fine with her knowing, if you are that is."

Remus wasn't sure of the girl. He looked at her, she smiled at him, making her freckles move on her cheeks. She reminded him so much of his dear friend. And so he decided to trust Dumbledores judgement. And nodded his head.

"Wonderful, you see Ollie, Remus has a condition known as lycanthropy." He whispered to the girl, Olivia didn't react. She just nodding her head, as if she was just taking in new information. No judgment registered on her face. Remus felt some relief by this. "Now, this condition I have full belief we can manage. Our potion master would make the wolfsbane potion monthly for you, and you would have a substitute to watch over your classes as needed. Room and food are provided, the job is yours if you want it."