Chapter 19 // Confirmed Suspicions

"Hey, Madison," replied Logan, glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

I couldn't tell if I was relieved or annoyed that Madison interrupted us.

On one hand, I really didn't want to tell Logan about what was on my mind - I honestly don't even know how to go about it - but I also really wanted to know the answer to my theory.

Plus Logan's my friend, I want to be able to tell him what is going on.

Was I going to tell him before we got interrupted? Yes.

But now that Madison cut in...maybe this is a sign telling me not to, saving me from losing him if I would have.

I can't lose him, he's my best friend.

And I have to keep reminding myself that's all he is. Nothing more.

"So, want to walk to class together?" I heard Madison say as I came back to reality.

She walked up to him and slid her arms around his neck, pulling herself closer to him.

If that wasn't enough to convince me that I was right, the kiss that she planted on his lips definitely was.

As she pulled back, Logan took a long look at me.

"Well, Harper and I were actually walking to class together-" Logan began.

"Please...just for today?" Madison cut him off, furrowing her eyebrows and putting on a small frown.

"Uh..." Logan mumbled, looking back at me for what seemed like the millionth time. "Would you be okay with it, Harper?"

Madison turned to look at me, shooting me a glare.

I met her stare for a couple seconds before turning back to Logan.

"Y-yeah. Don't worry about me. We walk together all the time, so what's one day?" I reassured, offering a small smile.

"Okay..." Logan said, still slightly hesitant, but turning to Madison nonetheless.

"I'll catch you later," he finally said, tipping his head back as he made his way down the hall with Madison.

"Yeah...bye," I replied, before catching Madison glancing over her shoulder at me.

My heart ached at the sight of them together.

Technically Logan never confirmed anything, but did he really have to at this point?

I walked to my math class, staring at the floor, left with one last thought as I entered through the wooden doorway.

Logan Moore...

You belong with me.