The First Meeting: Part One (6)

Taurus' room as promised, comment if I missed any: 

(Cameron POV)

My roommates seem to be awesome. We all liked each other a lot, because we shared a lot of interests, though Skyler was slightly better than Aiden as a friend, since Aiden was never punctual, something I dislike. 

I was in the middle of writing an essay for my ethics class, about the Underground Railroad and the moral values at the time when- I turned around and saw Aries in semi-formal clothing, which was nothing short of a miracle. 

Sklyer came up from behind me and gave me a small slap on the back.

"What was that for?" I complained, getting up.

"For losing track of time, we have to go already and we can't wait another hour for you to get ready."

I glanced at the clock, noticing it was 6:30. 

I looked at Skyler, who was wearing a nice outfit which was formal.

"Also, we didn't know what to wear so we chose semi-formal." Skyler shouted, as I quickly walked to my room to change.

6:50 was the time I got back.

"Well someone's looking nice." Skyler said, looking at me.

"Thanks." said Aiden.

"Uh, not you but ok."

"I could say the same thing about you, Skyler." I said, giving him a smile.

My mind wandered back into the topic of the ethics essay, while Skyler and Aiden argued about something, I wasn't sure what. Before I knew it, we were at the hall, and there were 3 other people there, excluding the headmistress. 

I checked my clock, it was 7:00 sharp. 

Aiden walked straight up to the others, Skyler slightly behind.

I hesitated, then followed, as nothing bad could happen. 

"Hey, so who are you guys? I'm Genevieve, she's Lily, and the guy over there examining the fountain is Archie."

"I'm Aiden." said Aiden.

"Skyler." said Skyler, looking at Lily for a moment before she broke eye contact.

"I'm Cameron." I said, feeling a little awkward.

Luckily, we were saved as 3 more people entered the room, all girls this time. 

"Hey guys, I'm Trinity, and this is Vitalia, and Carol." said Trinity.

"We can speak for ourselves." grumbled Vitalia.

"So, what exactly are we supposed to be doing?" asked Carol.

"Well, currently we have no idea." I said.

"Actually, we are just waiting for the last 3 people to arrive that are part of your 'group' if you want to call it that. I'll explain everything later." said Galaxy, the headmistress, a little frustrated, from what I could tell.

3 people rushed in immediately after that, and I had to stifle a small laugh. All of them were in incredibly casual clothes, as though they had been invited to a party, and stood out from everyone else. 

"Uh, hi, sorry we're late, I'm Leo, and this is Sal, or Salvatore, though he dosen't like that." said Leo, earning a small glare from Salvatore.

I looked around the room, and was expectantly waiting for the teacher, I looked around at everyone, and noticed a few other people doing the same. Skyler was quietly observing everyone, and so was Genevieve, even though she was contributing to the conversation a lot.

I looked back at Skyler, but he was talking with Leo, Sal, and Aiden. I walked over to him, but was interrupted by an "Mhem." from Galaxy.

We all paused for a moment, then everyone except me continued talking.

(I decided to name the headmistress.)

Galaxy sighed, and took a deep breath, than created a ball of pure ice, which immediately took out the power, and torches came on immediately.

"What the?" said almost everyone.

"You are not normal humans." said Galaxy in an ethereal voice.

"You are the human representation of your constellations, more specifically the 12 zodiac constellations. You have unnatural powers, and each of you will find that you are gifted with superior strength and speed compared to most mortals. Each of you possess a power far greater than mine, but may never even scratch the surface of your potential in this lifetime."

Each of your powers will be activated when you touch the correct enchanted rock.

12 different glowing rocks appeared in front of them.

Aiden decided to go first, feeling some of the rocks, but nothing seemed to happen.

"Excuse me, but how do we know when we touch the right rock?" he asked.

Everyone held their breath collectively as Aiden touched the final, or first rock, depending on how you look at it. 

The moment he touched it, a powerful heat wave came from him.

What the hell just happened? 

Comment down below what superpower you would have if given a chance. Things banned include godlike powers, I leave it up to you to decide what that means.