Misunderstanding

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH BITCHES🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Dean had really done it this time. Elijah was going to absolutely kill him, and all he could do was wait in the cold cell for the grim reaper to come collect.

Elijah, on the other hand, was speeding through the streets, ignoring how Sam (who had insisted on coming) was gripping at everything in his reach to stay seated even with the belt. When Elijah had gotten the call that Dean had assaulted a cop, he had practically dropped the phone in his shock. And honestly, the eldest didn't know what he was going to do, only that he needed to reach his little brother as soon as he could.

Elijah whipped into the Police Station on two wheels, tires screeching to a stop as he parked. He turned the car off and was about to get out when he saw how shaky and terrified Sam looked. He took a deep breath and reminded himself that Dean was okay, he was a couple feet away and Sam needed him. So Elijah grasped Sam's hand before he could get out, stopping the boy who looked at him worriedly.

"Sammy, he'll be okay. We're here now, he's gonna be fine." Elijah reassured, rubbing his hand with his thumb.

Sam relaxed slightly, but not all the way as his brown puppy eyes searched into those of his oldests' brothers.

"Promise?" He asked in such a soft and tiny voice that Elijah would have promised him anything in the world at that moment.

And it wasn't hard, because Dean was going to be okay.

"I promise." Elijah responded, setting a hand on his brothers shoulder and smiling.

Sam's body melted as the stress all went away and they exited the car. Elijah put up a cold exterior as he walked into they police station with Sam on his heels. He knew how cops were, they liked to see stern relatives who were upset their loved one was in jail. He was surprised, however, when the cops almost looked worried as he walked in.

"Elijah Lark?" One of the cops asked, and the tension in the air was palpable.

"Yes, I'm here for my brother, Dean." Elijah explained, scanning the cops in the front office up and down and not failing to notice how tense all of their bodies were.

"Yes, um... do you mind if we speak with you and your brother Dean alone for a moment? Your other brother can wait with a few officers out here." The woman said nervously.

Elijah was beginning to feel anxiety clawing up his throat, but smiled nonetheless.

"Of course. Sammy, stay here we'll be out in a minute." Elijah said gently, ruffling his brothers hair as the woman led him to what looked like an interrogation room.

When he sat down at one of the steel gray chairs, Elijah couldn't help but frown.

"Is he really in that much trouble?" He asked her.

"Uh, well-" She began but was cut off as Dean walked into the room, another cop accompanying him.

The second cop, this one a male, walked in and shut the door behind them, taking a seat beside the woman cop.

"I'm Officer Mendez, and this is Officer Smith." The woman said, gesturing to the man at her right.

Elijah looked over at his brothers face, studying it carefully. He had a bruise running along his jaw. But something was... different. Dean was staring at his hands that were fidgeting, and he looked upset to say the least.

"Dean?" Elijah asked, voice hard.

Dean looked up slowly, and that's when Elijah saw the tears in his eyes. The green eyed-boy quickly looked down again, clearing his throat.