Chapter 29

(A/N - Yes, that smile / grin took my already fluttering heart away😌❤️)

"Shall we go inside? We'll get sick if we stayed here any longer." Inaya said, pulling herself away from him to look at his face.

"Didn't you think about it when you walked out in the rain?" He chuckled as his eyes traced the two of them,  "let's go inside. We're drenched a little too much."

They walked in, "there are you spare clothes here." She said and walked to the room and came back with clothes for him.

"Thank you," he said as he wiped his face with the towel, she just nodded and walked in the room to change.

After they were done with the cloth change and all, Inaya walked in the kitchen.

"What you doing?" Armaan jumped in the kitchen floor, not to ignore the fact that the bytes in him were going insane because she finally said she loves him.

"Thinking to make tea or coffee but it isn't possible, no milk." She replied, turning to face him.

"Seriously I know better about kitchen than you." He smirked and passed the powder milk to her, "and like this I solved the milk problem."

"Yeah," she sighed. He noticed that something was wrong, still. Even after the confession, she was a little bitter about something.

"What happened Inaya? Why are you so Monotonous?" He asked.

"Nothing, just upset with you for not coming to the function and adding to that, you didn't understand my speech." She replied as she continued to make tea.

"I'm sorry." He said, she didn't look at him, he made her turn to him.

"Sorry," he just apologized with no attempt to give any explanation, he didn't need to, he knew it.

"And about my speech? I mentioned you..." Her face resembled a pout emoji.

He replayed her words back in his mind.

"Oh--"it was his "Oh shit" moment, he was too enraged by everything that he didn't even understand that she was talking about him in the first part.

"You were addressing me--" she nodded like a child, "and you didn't understand Mr Insecure! Mr overthinker!"

"Aree... I am sorry Inaya... I was too--"

"That's why, I called you Mr Insecure, your insecurity didn't let you analyse it properly, isn't it?"

"...ummm yeah..."

"Huh."

She sighed and put the stove off, walking out of the kitchen.

As she walked in the hall, Armaan caught her hand and pulled her to him, her chest hitting his.

"Tere sang gujar jaye,
Yeh umar jo baki hai,
Hasdo na jara khulke,
Kahe ki udasi hai?" He sang, she looked down.

As he held her by one of his arm, he used his another one to raise her chin to meet her gaze.

"Tere sang gujar jaye,
Yeh umar jo baki hai,
Hasdo na jara khulke,
Kahe ki udasi hai?" she pulled away from him as her cheeks heated up as she tried not to smile, she walked to the window, looking outside. The rain has stopped and the cool breeze touched her face but even the chilled air couldn't help hiding the red tint of her cheeks.

"Subah hu main, aane do,
Mere katil mujhe jeena ka haq toh do..." He hugged her from behind, keeping his chin on her shoulder.
She thought he'd sing more he just stopped, "why did you stop?"