Chapter 2

Then Armaan heard, "Mr! Wait a minute please."

A smile spread on his face and he turned to her.

"Yes, miss." He said, "what happened?"

"I forgot you to tell you that need to enter your info here as you've taken the book." 

"Yea sure." He filled up the entries and saw she was looking at him intently, as if puzzled about something.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Why would Armaan Malik come to the Library, like why?" She pondered and she was questioning herself but then realized that she said it out aloud.

"I mean--" she was about to give explanations but he interrupted her, "I know it's strange but I just wanted to get this book from the Library… I didn't know this book existed until I came to his Library and wanted to read it before it went off my mind." 

"Not a good excuse but okay…" she smiled slightly, "did you get to know about this book because of me?" 

Armaan's eyes widened and he felt like all his excuses would go in waste cause she got to know.

"Yeah I did." He didn't lie anymore.

"I'm glad, it's a great book." She said.

"Had to be." 

"It's time," the girl looked at the clock.

"What?" 

"It's time for me to go," she said, "I'm closing the Library." 

"Oh… thanks for the book." 

"You're welcome." 

He turned to leave but now that he had talked to her this much, he gathered courage and turned.

"Can I ask you, your name?" He asked.

"Inaya Rawat." She smiled.

"Armaan Malik, nice meeting you." He held out his hand for hand shake, she hesitantly took and they shared a shake hand.

"Bye, have a great … " he looked at the clock, "evening." 

"I wish the same for you," Inaya said.

__

"Armaan, where were you? Why so late?" Asked Armaan's mother, Jyoti Malik as he walked in.

"Nothing Mom, I was just wondering. Any problem?" 

"No, what's in your hand?" 

"A Book, Armaan??" Amaal asked, shocked.

"How are you at home so early?" Armaan counter questioned his elder brother.

"Just like that… You tell me… has the sun risen in the West that you've got a book with yourself? You don't like reading." 

"Nothing, I just found this one interesting, so got it…" 

"Hmm, strange, what's the name?" 

"Why she disappeared." 

"Sounds really interesting." Amaal said, he noticed that something was up to Armaan and he wanted to know it.

_

After dinner Armaan walked to his room and played a few tunes on guitar while looking out of the window, and suddenly his eyes fell on the book. He doesn't like reading but he picked it up. Is it not said that when you're into someone, you copy their actions and activities to understand their state of mind? Armaan was doing the same, reading a book she was reading.