Chapter 11

"Now are you going back? You still wanna stay by my side?" She asked as he entered the room after winning the war of his conscience.

"We're staying..." Armaan said.

"What--"

"We're gonna stay and help you get Pratyush justice." Amaal said.

"I don't want you two to take any pains for me." She looked down

Armaan and Amaal rolled their eyes, when will she understand?

"We're staying and your opinion least matters to us in this matter, " the Malik brothers said.

"No, Bhai but--no, what if--" she said like a psycho.

"How many ifs and buts do you have?" Amaal sighed.

Armaan looked at her, he loved her even after knowing she couldn't love him back with the same passion but at least he had her with him.

"We're with you, don't run away again, please." Armaan sat beside her and took her hand in his.

"Armaan--" Inaya was forestalled by Armaan's finger on her lips.

"I know." He said, he knew she was again gonna start up with her never ending sorrys.

"We're gonna get him justice, and that's my decision, I'm gonna be with you, forever."

"I don't want you two to take any pains for me." She looked down

Armaan and Amaal rolled their eyes, when will she understand?

"We're staying and your opinion least matters to us in this matter, " the Malik brothers said.
_____

Armaan was sitting near the window of his room, one of the rooms of Inaya's house, he was in deep thoughts.

"Armaan," Amaal entered and Armaan turned to him.

Amaal sighed and walked to his younger brother.

"Armaan, I know it must be hard for you... she loves--" Armaan spoke before Amaal could complete, "I know but I didn't fall for her with the expectations of her falling for me as well. If my love is one sided, let it be. At least my friendship with her isn't one sided. She trusts me, something that sometimes people in love don't have, this is enough for me."

"How mature my chotu has become," Amaal said, "I'm so proud of you for what you are."

Armaan smiled at his elder brother.

__

Inaya was in her room, she was thinking about Armaan, she knew he was in love with him and she wasn't, she was cursing herself for being this cruel to Armaan. She wasn't giving a true lover his love but if she would that would be cheating on Pratyush, isn't it? But what about Armaan?

They cannot move on.
That's when Manogya entered.

"Thinking about Armaan, weren't you?" Asked Manogya.

"Na--" Inaya was forestalled, "Before you lie you know na I'm a human lie detector?"

Inaya looked down, "yes I was."

"You know na he loves you?" .

"I do, and that's what makes me guilty, I'm being so inhuman to him... I don't want him to love me like Pratyush did. It led him nowhere and I can't make Armaan go through that. I should have never been friends with him. Now that I am, he's endangered, so is Amaal Bhai..."

Inaya sat down and thought of the worst things possible, "if anything happened to anyone of them, I swear Manogya I will kill myself."

"Stop talking negatively," said a stern Manogya.