Chapter 10

Armaan drove back to Inaya's house and rang her bell but this time the girl who opened the door wasn't Inaya, in fact he didn't recognise her at all.

She didn't look anything at all like Inaya to be considered her sister or cousin, while Armaan's face showed how clueless he was while the girl's eyes widened of terror and lit up in recognition.

Her pupils dilated and she tensed a bit, she took a few deep breaths and asked him

"Kindly state the reason that has brought you on our door." She said with a very formally.

"I just want to see Inaya-"

"I am sorry but that cannot happen right now." She forestalled him.

"But why-"

"Have you seen the time, sir? It's late."

Armaan realised that Inaya might have slept and nodded.

"If you have any other queries then ask them. Otherwise you are free to leave."

Armaan nodded and left. As soon as Armaan, the girl closed the door. Leaning against it, she took several deep breaths trying to calm herself.

"I'll never let you get near Inaya, Armaan Malik. Not as long as I breathe. She gets hurt by what she has done for your own good whenever she sees you and I cannot let that happen."

"Manogya!! The hell you at?" The girl regained her composure when she heard Inaya calling her.

She grabbed the popcorn she came take for their movie night and made her way upstairs to Inaya's room.

"What in the seven worlds took you so long?"

"I um- just weren't... able to.. find the popcorns. Nothing else."  She said and joined Inaya.

Inaya and Manogya have always been there with each other. The two don't have a memory without another.

This afternoon when Armaan had an outburst at Inaya's home Manogya listened to it all from outside by eavesdropping and also heard how broke Inaya was.

She spent the rest of day trying to cheer her up, when Inaya suggested on having a movie night Manogya agreed and she was downstairs for making some popcorns when she encountered Armaan.

So that's why she rudely sent him away. She just can't let all her efforts go to waste. She knew Inaya too well to know that how hurt she would be only by seeing Armaan.

But she was not the only one who knew their life long friends. Inaya found it really confusing how Manogya couldn't find something in the Kitchen.

She loves to cook, she practically lives in Kitchen, whether it be hers or Inaya's. That just wasn't possible. She did grew suspicious of Manogya but thought of ignoring it.

Yet a doubt lingered in the back of Inaya's mind even when the two of them slept during their movie marathon. 

Inaya woke up anyways and started thinking about Armaan, she missed him and was guilty of whatever she did to him. She walked out on the balcony and took a deep breath, she herself didn't know her now, she had forgotten herself in all this and she missed herself... She was herself when she was with Armaan.

Armaan on the other side wanted to meet Inaya,  he was in the car since Manogya didn't let him in, as he stepped out of the car, he saw Inaya on the balcony, now was the chance.

He went in to ring the bell again, Inaya heard it and she went to open the door. Manogya, her mother and father were sound asleep as it was 2:30 am.