Chapter 24

As the words rang in her ears, she ran to where her destination was.

Armaan was in the suite, regretting his behaviour towards Inaya from the past few days.

Why am I changing when I've promised her that I won't? This isn't how it works. I cannot break the promises I've made to her.

He was looking out of the window at the beautiful skyline while thinking of how to patch things up.

I know she doesn't know how to pacify someone then why am I behaving like she knows and isn't trying?

Inaya reached the suite and stood by the door, his back was towards her and he was so lost in overthinking that he didn't even realise her presence.

She's--she's mine to care...no she isn't mine--

His thoughts were interrupted as Inaya hugged him instantaneously, her arms wrapped around his chest. He was taken aback by it, he didn't understand why she did this, he didn't know how to react so he stayed silent. The feeling was surreal and new to him, a sensation of blissfulness and excitement.

"I'm sorry. I wanna fix it before it's too late." She breathed, still hugging him, "I-I don't wanna lose it the way I've lost it in the past. I wanna fix it before it's too late."

He was puzzled by her words, thinking what she wanted to say, he freed himself from her hold softly and turned to face her.

"What happened--"

"Don't say anything. You've said and done everything. It's my turn now. Armaan I want this."

"What are you--"

"Listen to me, I wanna fix it before it's too late or before we become too broken to be fixed or fall too apart to stand together again. I wanna fix us, I wanna fix what's breaking little by little between us. Whether it's the analogy or trust or even our state of mine and promises. Armaan I wanted to say that--"

"Say that." He was dying to hear it, the bytes in him were driving him insane, finally, he was going to have what he was longing for.

"I wanna fix what's broken...Armaan I don't know how to say it and you know it very well because I've never learned how. I don't lose anything with you, I wanna treasure it since it's the greatest possession I have. Please say you understand... Say Armaan, you know right... You know me right, you've always helped me out and I wanna help you out too, I wanna fix us, don't go away from me... please!"

"Yes." He couldn't see her like that, he knew that he's changing way too instantaneously for her and he shouldn't.

"I-Armaan-you see I'm trying--You know...Armaan, It's--It's that I'm trying to... I need some time...I wanna do this with you..." she said, tears making their way down her cheeks, "Please try to understand. I am trying and I will try my best . . . I didn't say it all this with pressure or anything. Just let me...give me a chance. I wanna make it right for us."

"Lamhe judaayi ke, aayenge jayenge na badlega pyaar yeh, vada hai yeh mere Zindagi Bhar tere karunga Intezaar main . . . Didn't sing it for you just like that, I meant it. I'll let you do this because... I've already given myself to you, so it makes no sense if I run away, right?"

"Am I hurting you?"

"You're not...at least not now, right now. It's your weakness to be confused about your heart and my talent to understand your bemusement." He chuckled.