Chapter 17

Armaan was walking to the door to open it when Inaya held his hand and he turned over his shoulder to look at her, he could see the tinkling of tears in her eyes.

"Promise me that nothing would change our relationship. Promise that this marriage, pretending and divorce wouldn't ruin what we have between us. Promise me you wouldn't ever turn bitter because of this, promise me you wouldn't leave. Promise me that you'll stay," she begged. The satisfaction that Armaan got knowing that his existence in her life mattered more than anything for him, it gave him butterflies in his stomach. And the promise she asked from him… he had already given that to her long before she asked. His heart was forever hers.

"Only if you promise the same," he smiled and held her hand in his.

"I promise," she smiled with her teary eyes.

"I promise too, Innu." Armaan grinned, she chuckled.
-

As Inaya and Armaan walked out, they met Amaal.

"All sorted out? Tell me if Inaya hit you for this shitty plan?" Chuckled Amaal.

"She was about to but I convinced her!" Armaan smiled.

"Why do you two care for me so much," Inaya said, being overwhelmed by everything going on, she hated hurting anyone and she was hurting Armaan, she thought so.

"I do because you're my sister and I can't let you marry some 'random' guy… it's because of your safety and about Armaan, I trust him enough to get you married to him…" Amaal said, smiling.

"What did I do to deserve a bro like you huh?" She chuckled at him, blinking off the tears that brimmed in her eyes.

"That you came into my life like a little sister I never had." Amaal kept his hand on her head, his presence made her feel so safe.

"Engagement is after two days," said Amaal trying to control his laughter, "only God can save you two from the excitement of our parents."

"We'll get through it, where's Mrinal Bhabhi," asked Inaya.

"Your Mrinal Bhabhi is busy with her court work." Amaal said rolling his eyes, "should we tell her about this drama or let her be at mom-dad's party?"

"We'll think about it…" Armaan said

"But I think she'll understand." Inaya said, "She's so cool and awesome."

"Okay I'm jealous of my wife now, these words are supposed to be for your Bhai, Innu!" Amaal Said, showing fake anger.

"Oh-" Inaya stuck her tongue out, laughed afterwards.

-

Then the news of Armaan marrying his "bestie" became the headlines of the Bollywood media. Many hearts were broken but most of his Fangirls and fans accepted Inaya, they knew she was very important to Armaan, as in the past years he had sung a few songs written by Inaya and they all were hits and he didn't miss a chance to tell how amazing his bestie was. Everyone started adoring their ship and it even got a name, #ArmaYa...

It was going well, two days were left for Armaan and Inaya's wedding preparations to start.

Since Mrs Malik and Mrinal (she still doesn't know the truth of their marriage)  were too excited, they were hyped up for everything.

"Inaya!" Inaya was in her room when Mrs Malik called, she walked in with Mrinal and Inaya's mother. Since Manogya had some work, she couldn't accompany them.

"Let's go, we've to go to the designer for the wedding dresses. I've called Armaan too, he is on his way." Mrs Malik informed. Their engagement was just a day away.