Wakanda

Shuri woke me up. She wanted me to have a day with her while Bucky trained. She showed me around the Royal Palace. I got the short and simple version my first night here. Basically I saw some hallways, a bathroom, and my room.

Shuri showed me where she had worked to make Bucky's new arm. She walked me through the whole process. She showed me a few tricks on how to disable his arm as well. She told me that only her and Ayo know this. She wanted me to have a little extra protection in case Bucky couldn't shake away Hydra.

Shuri had the most faith in Ayo and the training. She truly made me hopefully for Bucky's future. She introduced me to her brother, who was to be the king of Wakanda. I must say he was very handsome and charming.

After meeting with her brother, she showed me around Birnin Zana. The city was absolutely beautiful. We had to have warriors close by at all times. I felt weird being watched but honestly I had gotten used to it. I had been watched by Fury, agents, and the Avengers.

She took me to these small markets which made my mind settle. I absolutely loved those small shops and their homemade goods. I bought way more than I had intended.

I ate lamb that made my mouth water the more I ate it. I had dried bananas which tasted fresher than I had imagined. Shuri led me to a place where I could get traditional face paint like she wore for different events.

She taught me so much about her culture. I felt alive and like I was truly welcome. Wakanda soon became a true source of joy. I felt calming peace here that I haven't felt since the 40s. I felt like I had a second home.

We had been out all day till Ayo found us to bring us back to the palace for supper. Shuri didn't want to go back and I honestly didn't either. We eventually gave in and met T'Challa once again.

We all talked about our day. Shuri told him of how everyone stared at me after she tricked me into getting a face paint that meant for weddings. For an hour people were congratulating me and I was very confused. She finally had to tell me that she took me to an old friend who helped her with her trick.

T'Calla talked of his calm day. He worked on his suit most of the day. He read some on his new book collection. Shuri told me after dinner how he loves slow days. He had been under a lot of pressure recently.

He was always preparing for becoming king. He was always forced to throw himself into the kings work. He enjoyed being trained and taking in his role but some days he needed his peace. I must say that I haven't seen the king since I arrived. I had spoken to Ramonda the first night I was here. She was sweet but very powerful. A true woman to look up to.

After supper, Shuri walked with me back to my room. She told me how I was always welcome. The king and queen gave permission for me to come whenever I needed or wanted. This would become my second home.

"So.... tell me what happened last yesterday." We made it into the room and she threw herself on my bed. I remember it being very comfortable but I didn't sleep there for more than two hours.

"I had these dreams the first night I got here. I got so overwhelmed that I ran out of the palace. I kept running till I found myself outside of his hut. He was already awake when I went in. I couldn't stop myself from clinging to him." I sat there a Sri me remembering those god awful flashbacks. Shuri had sat up and made room for me to sit with her.

"After a while we pulled apart and I felt like he didn't want me there. He was just trying to warn me of his unstable state. He reminded me of our song. We danced around till we collapsed. We stayed up the rest of the night just talking. It felt right." Our song played over and over again in my head. The pictures of our kitchen, 1940s Bucky, the old radio playing music, they all came to me once again.