The King

Onyx Ollivander Faiz Leighton's Point of View

I grip my dagger tightly. I can hear my own heartbeat. Mag-isa lang ako sa tagong parte ng university. It's the 4th day of this f*cking game. I opened my earpiece to contact others. 

"Guys," I whispered. I can hear their breath.

"Boss, negative. Walang akong nakikitang kakaiba sa part ng university na'to." One of my men said. 

"Onyx, are you really sure na may hideout sila sa sarili na'ting teritoryo?" It's Orion. We are looking in different spots of the university to look for their hideout. I took a deep sigh. Bago pa ako magsalita. Napamura ako ng maramdaman ko ang pagbaon na matulis na bagay sa tagiliran ko. Damn! I let myself unguard. I hissed in pain but I immediately face my attacker. Nanlilisik ang mga mata nito sa'kin. 

"F*ck you, Onyx, and your twin because of the two of you, we are trapped inside of this f*cking game." I just look at him with boredom. Hindi s'ya nag-iisa. They're five. Mas hinigpitan ko ang hawak ko sa patalim. I didn't mind the wound that was bleeding. When they start attacking me again. But I easily avoid it. I am not the heir of our empire if I'm just a lame one. I took a deep sigh before attacking them too. I kicked one of them in his chest which makes him fall. Gano'n din ang ginawa ko sa iba.

"JUST DI-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He shouted in pain as my dagger digs into his abdomen. Binunot ko ito at agad itinarak sa lalamunan n'ya. Seeing his blood flowing out in his body made my sight darken. Para akong nauhaw pumatay. This sensation isn't new to me. I devilish smirk at the four people in front of me. I saw how fear slowly appeared in their eyes.

"Tama yan. Be scared. Be scared of the demon that going to kill you." I calmly said but I think it just makes them more frightened. One of them starts trembling.  I can't help but laugh at their reactions. They look like pieces of paper because of how pale their face is. Hinugot ko ang dagger na nasa lalamunan ng isa sa kanila. I even kicked it even though it's not breathing anymore. 

"I'll give you a chance to run away from me. Let's play hide and seek. You want that?" I playfully asked. I off my earpiece. I took a step forward toward them. And they took a step backward away from me. 

"RUN!" I spat. Nagtutulakan silang tumakbo palayo. I shrugged after seeing that. Cowards. They're good at triggering someone but they're too bad at facing the consequence of their action. 

"Tutal, laro naman 'to. Let me play for a while." I whispered to myself. I check the time it's 3:06 am. Mahaba-haba pa ang oras ko para maglaro. May mapaglarong ngisi akong naglakad papuntang madilim na pasilyo. My steps creating sounds in the lifeless hallway. I stop walking when I feel someone's presence, not far from me. Walang tunog na lumapit ako sa tinataguan ng isa sa kanila. He's shaking. Konti nalang ata iiyak na. He's hiding behind the Professor's table. I hold the edge of the table and move it away from him. He gasped in horror. He suddenly kneels down. He almost kisses my shoes.

"O-onyx, p-please, h-hindi k-ko sinasadya. S-someone s-said t-they w-will h-help us to e-escape h-here. I-if w-we kill y-you" Naikuyom ko ang kamao ko. Those traitors are really testing my patience. Makilala ko lang sila ako mismong papatay sa kanila. I squatted to level him. I held his jaw harshly. 

I shook my head to make him see how disappointed I am in him. "Listen to me, if there is someone who can help you to get out of this hell, it's me dumbass. I have the key to our freedom. Sad to say hindi kana kasama sa mga makakalabas ng buhay dito. This is my kingdom. I am the king. And all of you should be loyal to me. Do you know what I really hate about people?" He weakly shakes his head as an answer. Tears are now visible in him. "I hate someone who'll betray me. I hate someone who's capable of stabbing me from my back. It is really disgusting sh*t for me. That is a weakling move." 

"H-have m-mercy-ARRRHGGGGG!" He screamed loudly as my dagger stabbed his right eye. 

"Owws, I didn't mean it." Walang imosyong binunot ko ang dagger and that makes him winced more.

"P-ple-AHHHHHHHHHH!"  I stab his left eye with the dagger too. His face is now covered with his blood. Hindi ko na pinatagal ang paghihirap n'ya. I didn't hesitate to kill him. like his life is nothing. I can even compare his life in the trash. Trash that I'll just throw in the trashcan. 

I stood up and look for others too. Hindi naman ako nahirapan. I see one of them running away. And our distance isn't too far. Hinagis ko ang dagger sa direksyon n'ya na walang kahirap-hirap. Bumagsak ang katawan nito. I licked my lips as I saw where my dagger hits him. It landed on his forehead.  

"Worthless sh*t." I kicked the dagger on his head. Naramdaman ko ang pagtalamsik ng dugo nito sa mukha ko. Hinugot ko ang dagger ko saka umalis do'n ng parang walang nangyari. I still need to find the other two. But I think hindi ko na kailangang hanapin sila. They end up kneeling on the ground while crying like lost kids. They literally surrender themselves to me. They look like children that sobbing because they're caught doing something wrong. 

"P-please forgive us..." One of them begs. 

"P-parang awa mo n-na. K-king..." I cackled makes them shiver. 

"I never forgave people who betrayed me. So don't expect me to forgive the two of you. Because the moment that you tried to kill me. Is also the moment you put your names on my death list. It is not my fault if you are going to die in my hands right now. It's your choice. And here I am gladly rewarding you for that. Being killed by me is an honor." I pat their shoulder they flinched as soon as my hand could touch them.

"Pagnakarating na kayo sa impyerno pakamusta n'yo nalang ako kay lucifer. At tiyakin n'yong bibigyan n'yo ng pwesto ang nag-utos sainyo dahil hindi rin magtatagal magsasama-sama kayong masusunog do'n." Pinaglaruan ko ang dagger sa harap nila. Lalo silang namutla. "Adios ... Nos vemos en el infierno." (Goodbye... See you in hell.) I whispered to them. As I slice their throats. I grab the earpiece in one of them. I know there's someone who's listening to us from the start. I wear the earpiece.

"Isn't nice? Listening to other's conversations?" Rinig ko ang paghinga nito. Patuya akong tumawa. "I don't know what's your problem. You might think that you can control everyone because they're scared and trapped in here. In this worthless game of yours. But you are wrong. Because I'll find you. Kahit gaano ka kagaling magpanggap mahahanap at mahahanap rin kita. If I can't find you. You are the one who'll surrender to me like these two. In this game, you are the one who'll face your downfall not me. Mark my words." Using my hand I destroyed the device.

 Naglakad na ako malayo. Biglang bumalik ang sakit ng saksak sa tagiliran ko. I pressed it using my hand. My blood is dripping on the floor. I don't know where I am going until I found myself in front of his door. I bit my lower lip. My mind wandered. While staring at his dorm number. Why did I end up here? Bakit dito ako dinala ng mga paa ko? Napailing ako. I'm f*cking confuse. Parang may sariling utak ang kamay ko at kumatok. 

My vision becomes blurry. Before I fall my eyes met his innocent gaze. I don't know but I feel something that I shouldn't. Not in him. Not now. Not in the middle of this f*cking game. Nanlambot tuluyan ang katawan ko. Naramdaman ko ang pagsambot sa'kin. As the darkness invade me I heard his voice. 

"Sleep, Onyx. You are now safe..." It's like music that pulled me into peaceful slumber despite the pain I have. 

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's Point of View

I'm playing the king chess piece while observing Onyx. He is sleeping soundly. Sobrang payapa ng itsura nito. 

"So, what I saw awhile ago, is the king feared by all." I saw everything. How he killed those pathetic men. I saw how they shouted in torments. How they cried and plea. And I saw the bloodthirst in Onyx's eyes. It was gleaming in dark. His grin while seeing them bleeding makes me believe that he is indeed the king of this hell.  

I caressed his face. And look at him. Napabitaw ako nang may naramdaman akong kakaiba. I shook my head violently as if the idea that lingers in my mind is something that's not good for me. A lopsided grin appears on my lower lip. 

"Find them... Find those traitors and kill them. Because a king like you shouldn't be manipulated in his own palace. Dahil sa larong 'to, ako lang ang may karapatang manipulahin kayo. All of you are my toys and your miseries are my happiness." I chuckled slightly.