The Game

Ganther Uries Neric Asuncion's Point of View

"GANTHER URIES NERIC ASUNCION!!!" I woke up because of the loud voice coming from outside my dorm. I checked the time. It's just 9 am in the morning. I took a deep sigh and stood up to open the door.

"Kit, it's too early to wake me up..." I lazily said. Humikab pa ako sa harap n'ya. Napakamot s'ya sa batok n'ya bago ako irapan saka pumasok sa loob ng kwarto ko.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. I can see his uneasy aura. His eyes were filled with worries.

"G-ganther, h'wag ka ng umattend ng ball mamaya." My forehead creased and look at him.

"Why? I'm scared na madamay ka. They are so eager to bring down the Leighton empire. They'll not hesitate to kill people who might block their way."

"You are one of them right? One of the people who want them down. Everything was planned. You and Slade are already a couple outside of this university and you are part of those people who killed Leighton's men. And the plan was, the moment that Slade transferred here the war will start, right? Hindi pa nagsisimula pero kalkulado n'yo na ang lahat." He averted his gaze. "So, you are really choosing the other side. Not those people that did everything to you. Pamilya nila Onyx ang nagpa-aral sa 'yo. 'Di ba? May utang na loob ka sa pamilya nila?" I even sounded curious. Tears escaped his eyes. Wala akong mabasa kung hindi galit.

"L-leighton empire is sick. They're the ones who killed my parents. And adopted us. At first wala akong alam. Akala ko they really did save us. 'Yon pala they are just manipulating us. Using us. They're f*cking evil." I smirked at him. I don't know what was in my smirk all of them were stunned as they saw the real me.

"Do want makes you happy, Kit. Don't mind me. I'm not going to block your way. Wala akong pakialam." I make sure it sounds like a matter of fact.

"You are my friend, Ganther. I care for you. Maiipit ka lalo na Onyx and you are close." I chuckled. And walk towards my chessboard. Kinuha ko ang isang pawn na kulay puti at binigay kay Kit. Tinignan n'ya ako ng puno ng pagtataka.

"It's you. I'm sorry for bursting your bubbles but, Kit you are just one of my toys. Since we met you. I just saw you as one of my pawns." Pain crossed his eyes but he smiled.

"Ganther, one day... You'll acknowledge me as your friend too. Not a piece of a pawn in a chessboard because I feel it. You are just not aware of your own emotions—" I laughed as I heard that.

"Emotions? Kit the emotions that you are saying are already buried along with my past. This is me, everyone is just my toy." I don't know how long we stared at each other. The last thing I knew Kit left me with a disappointed gaze. I don't know why my smile slowly vanish as I heard the door close.

"Ganther, may date ka mamaya?" Alex asked me. Nasa Cafeteria ako kasama sila. Slade and Kit are nowhere to find.

"None, kailangan ba no'n?" I innocently asked. They laughed. Onyx ruffled my hair and pinched my cheeks.

"I'm sure wala s'yang date walang gustong maka-date ang mukhang bata na'to." Lalo silang natawa sa sinabi ni Onyx. I can't help but look at them one by one. The bond that they have is something everyone will envy but behind the mask of that friendship that they have, are the monsters that are going to destroy each other too.