chapter 41 | spider

•••

•••

I finished my homework for the day and I felt on top of the world. For once, I didn't procrastinate. We were on thanksgiving break now but that did not stop them from giving unnecessary homework.

I looked out the window and saw the windy state outside. In California, seventy degrees felt like it's snowing. I wrapped the blanket around myself and cleaned the school supplies that were scattered on my bed.

Once I finished cleaning I made my bed. Yes, at 7:15 in the evening. I put away my backpack near the front of my door when my phone ranged.

I saw the caller ID and immediately smiled. I looked like an oompha loompa but oh well. I picked up the facetime call and sat back on my bed.

"Hi Firefly." Chase greeted.

"Hey." He looked like he was in the elevator. His hair was tousled around as usual, and he was supporting
a plain black tee with the word "off-white" written upon it. "How was work?"

"Frustrating." He ran a hand through his locks.

"You need to stop stressing so much."

"Not possible."

"Yes, it is. I'm pretty sure you can ask someone else to do your work, politely." I added the last part because I know how much he loves ordering people around.

"And, have them fuck up? Yeah, no." He stepped out of the elevator and into his penthouse.

"Surely there are other ways for you to relax." I started thinking of ways that could make him feel stress-free.

He had a smirking face on. "Um, watch a movie!"

"No."

"Okay, what about a show?"

"No."

"Uh... cleaning?" I threw in some jazz hands and we both laughed.

"No."

"Cook a meal."

"No."

"Hang out with your friends."

"Have none."

"I'm telling Connor and Anthony."

"Okay." I narrowed my eyes at him. That wasn't supposed to be the answer I get from him.

"I don't know what else you can do, read a book."