chapter 14 | shopping

•••

•••

I met up with Karla at the coffee shop.

I decided to finally purchase a phone today with the little extra money I had left. The medical bill wasn't as much as I thought it was. So, I had a little extra money I could spend.

I went to the Apple store while Karla went to a clothing store right beside me.

I got the phone and the sim card for it to actually work. It was fully charged as well.

I really have a phone now.

AHHHH.

I went to Karla and she was looking through the dresses.

"You got it?" she asked.

"Yeah, lemme get your number," she tells me her number and I put it in my contacts. I also put my mom's number in my contacts.

"Okay, I got it,"

"Alright, text me so I have your number," she said picking out a navy color dress.

"Would this look nice?" she asked as she put the dress on herself still in the hanger.

"Yeah, it brings out your eyes," I tell her truthfully.

"Okay," she grabs the dress. I look through the other dresses and I found a black dress but it was above the knee I'm not sure if I'm comfortable wearing that.

"You should totally buy that," she said eyeing the dress I was holding.

"It's short though,"

"Who cares, it's your body. And, if you want to wear something you're going to goddamn wear it. Fuck everyone else," she said.

"Hmm... okay," I got the dress and it was on sale.

I also got a long black dress with floral designs on it. I like this one more.

We went into Sephora because Karla wanted some makeup. She went over to the Two-Faced section and picked out her makeup.

"Ohh... can I do your makeup someday?" she asked.

"I don't really wear makeup,"

It's not my thing.

"Please it will be natural,"

"I don't know..."

"Okay, I'm going to do it," she concluded. I just laughed at her overly excited face.

"I don't even have make-up," she turned around so quick with her eyes wide open.

"What?" she was in shock.

I muffled a giggle and confirmed.

"I'm going to buy you all the makeup,"

"What no," I declined immediately.