chapter 25 | penthouse

•••

•••

I covered my face with my hands from the sunlight shining.

"Ah, go away sun," I moved so the sun wouldn't be in my eyes but now on my back.

"It can't really go away,"

"Yes it can, I want to sleep," I said annoyed by the sun ruining my sleep. My head was already hurting and the day didn't even start yet.

The sunlight when away surprisingly and I opened my eyes to check. I turned around and saw Chase with his bare chest and low sweatpants showing his deep v line and toned abs.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I start to get up from the bed while rubbing my eyes.

"It's my room," he said as he came towards me.

"Your room?" I asked. I looked around and indeed it was not my room. What am I doing in Chase's bedroom? I looked down and see that I'm not wearing my clothes but a shirt that's not even mine.

"It's mine," he said as he noticed me looking at the shirt confused.

"What happened? I don't remember anything," I said and all I could remember was going to Karla in the bar.

"You were wasted so I brought you here," he shrugged.

Wasted?

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked.

"I have a headache, but how can I be wasted if I didn't drink," I asked confused. I put my legs on the ground and tried to stand up everything started spinning.

"Woah," I said as I held my head in my hands again.

"Slow down," Chase said as he helped me carefully.

"I'm fine," I mumbled.

"You can use my shower, I'll make some food," he suggested.

"You can cook?" I asked completely surprised.

"I don't try to starve myself to death," he said putting all the shade on me.

"I do eat, you are overreacting," I said truthfully looking at him.

"Sure," he said and I noticed he looked different.

He looked... nervous?

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked around and cleared his throat "Yeah,"

"The shower's over there," he pointed to the closed door and I nodded. He left the room after helping me to the bathroom.

I locked the door and looked at myself in the mirror.

And, I scared myself.

No wonder he couldn't look at me.