chapter 39 | happiness

•••

•••

I tried shuffling around but due to someone's heavyweight on me, I couldn't. I opened my eyes to immediately closed them again, as I tried to get used to the light peeking through the window. I slowly opened them again and yawned. I looked down to see Chase's head placed on my bare chest. He was nuzzled into my neck. His arm protectively around my bare waist.

I immediately blushed when I realized I was naked under his touch. My arm was around his back, going in small rubbing motions. My body felt sore from yesterday but I couldn't help but smile at the thoughts.

Chase was in a deep slumber of sleep as he didn't move or shuffle around. I tried moving again but only to get hold onto tighter. Is he awake?

His breathing was soft and steady, telling me he was asleep. I sighed and laid down relaxed. My hands automatically finding their way into his curly locks and messaging his scalp. His hair was always silky and soft.

Our legs were entangled with one another with the bedsheets as our bare bodies hugged each other perfectly.

Never in a million years would have I thought I would see this day. Yet, here I am. With him beside me.

One word that would describe how I was feeling would be happiness. The one word that I wanted to feel my whole entire life. The one emotion that I thought I would never get to feel for myself.

And, now today with him in this yacht laying down, I was more than happy. I was content.

If this was what happiness felt like I would hope it never goes away.

I felt wet kisses on my neck bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked down to see Chase kissing and sucking my neck, leaving behind love bites.

"Good morning, Firefly." He muttered in his raspy morning voice, coming out of my neck and looking into my eyes. His gray orbs were also showing the same emotion I was feeling.

His eyes were shining.

"Good morning." I chirped, smiling.

He held my face with his hands before hitting my nose with his nose and pecking my lips.

I raised my eyebrows. "You look way too beautiful for me to not too." He shrugged.

I felt something poking me on my lower stomach and my face morphed into a confused face.

"This is what you do to me." He whispered, sending tingly feelings and shivers down my spine. "On the daily." He laid back on the bed, before shutting his eyes. He groaned.

"I do, what?" I asked, confused.

"Too damn innocent." He mumbled. And, I giggled. I really didn't understand what he was trying to say but okay.