chapter 40 | gala

warning: use two hands fireflies

warning: use two hands fireflies. ❤️‍🔥

•••

Today was the day of the gala.

Two weeks have flown by quickly. I have gotten on top of my work from school and my GPA has impressively improved. I now also tutor some other students but in a public area where others can be seen due to what happened last time. This also allows me to make extra money.

I have been receiving my paychecks and hopefully, by the start of next year, I will have enough to afford a small apartment.

Chase rarely shows up to school but he does make it a priority to pick me up after school and drop me off at work. I told him it wasn't necessary but he does not budge.

Anthony has apparently been sent off on a mission to a different country therefore he won't be showing up to school. And, as for Connor, he drops me off in the mornings and sometimes attends school.

Karla is the only friend I have in school now. Although, one specific conversation runs in my mind twenty-four seven.

"Is that a hickey?" We were standing at the start of the track for P.E. Her eyes looking at my neck that had multiple marks. I tried to cover them but there were far too many. Most had disappeared but some were still peeking through.

"What?" I put my hand on my neck and pulled my hair towards the front to cover it.

"Did you guys do the deed?" She asked as we began walking the field. I immediately blushed and looked away.

"Oh my god, you guys totally did." She squealed and started jumping up and down.

"Shh." Everybody was looking in our direction. She flipped them off.

"How was it?" She asked.

"I-I-I itwasgreat." I rushed out.

"Huh?" She made a confused face.

"I-it wa-was great."

"Finally, you lost your virginity." She deadpanned.

"Is he big?"

I blushed and felt embarrassed. I really did not want to have this conversation right now.

"He is!" She assumed from my reaction turning me into a brighter shade of red.

"Did you give him a blowjob?" I shook my head.

"Girl, give him a blowjob." She shook her head in disapproval.

Blowjob? What's that? I questioned myself.

"Okay now tell me everything."

I first didn't tell her anything but eventually, she made me tell her.