Chapter 6: The Light's End

It was all a blur to the elf maiden. Nothing made sense, yet she felt at ease here.

All she could remember was a frantic memory of her slipping from her world slowly, as she laid down buried in pain on her chamber floor watching Tauriel, an elf guard and maiden she had barely met in a day's time kneel before her, shouting in horror, yet to the maiden she couldn't help but feel happy to see her, but now she wondered where she was.

She could see nothing but glimpses of white flashing lights hovering from place to place like souls of star lights. This certain warmth and comfort it gave hadn't reached nor embraced the maiden for hundreds of years and how she longed for it so.

Suddenly a blinding light dispersed throughout the area covering everything in nothing but rays of light.

The maiden soon glimpsed around finding a path leading to the end, her destination, her fate. She did not know what it was nor what it meant, but her instincts told her otherwise. She knew she had to reach the end, yet something was holding her back and she herself had no clue what it might have been.

She forced foot after foot through the free pathway, now ushered with glistening carvings appearing on the floor in a refined manner. The maiden's surroundings soon flitted back to color as she stops in the middle and turns back.

There she sees her king, Thranduil dressed in utter elegance and it almost took her breath away.

She had to admit he was handsome, intimidating in a way, stunning, and graceful than any other king she has behold, but even the thought of it did not dissuade her from the path she chose. Or rather the path that chose her.

The maiden turned forward leaving her illusion of Thranduil behind as she took one step forward and at that very instant she felt a tingling sensation spread from her hand to her entire body. She looked back to peer at her wrist, finding Thranduil's hand locked tight around it.

From there the maiden knew he wouldn't let her go, making her face him. She looked into his eyes and saw finally what Thranduil kept inside, and it had reflected every inch of herself.

The maiden, struck by what she saw tried to take a step backwards, but Thranduil did not permit her to do so as he leans forward, his face more calm and worry-like than usual uttered a word close to her ears.

"Come back," his tone wavered. "Come back," the maiden heard once more finally waking to a voice more familiar than that of her kings.

Tauriel quickly responded to the maiden waking up in utter dismay. She darted forward grabbing the maiden's shoulders and pushing her down slowly. "Nin maer. Baw trass," Tauriel said gently peering at the maiden who seemed so flustered at a loss for words. (Nin maer. Baw trass= You're okay. Don't worry)

"Where am I?" the maiden asked.

"In your chambers," Legolas called out from the side, walking in view to the maiden.

"We almost lost you," Tauriel explained, now sitting beside the maiden by her bed side. A cloth draped itself on her while she stayed down feeling weakness throughout her body.

"Perhaps you need your rest. We shall both leave," Legolas implored as Tauriel looked down to the bed fabrics slightly. She immediately looked up, smiling lightly and stood up.

The maiden was desperate. She didn't want to be alone, yet she could slowly see Tauriel leave her side. She deliberately grabbed Tauriel's sleeve before she could escape from her grasps, forcing Tauriel to face the maiden who faired weakly in bed.

Legolas paused and turned to Tauriel before he could fully exit the room. Tauriel, her face slightly smiling in ease looked to Legolas and nodded slowly for him to leave ahead. Legolas looked to both Tauriel and the maiden curiously, his eyebrows still furrowing downward until he finally left silently closing the doors behind him.