Chapter 10: Duckburg (part 2)

The ride to the docks where Magica lived was tense and silent. Scrooge was reading a paper while the wielders were nervously waiting for him to tell them more about whoever Magica was.

Ezra decided to break the ice, "So this 'Magica' is a sorceress?"

"Aye," Scrooge said, "and a good bad one at that."

More silence followed. After a couple more minutes they finally stopped at a dock. Everyone got out. Several Heartless appeared and materialized in front of them.

"Uh," Launchpad said, "maybe I should wait in the car."

Launchpad went into the driver's seat watching the skill of Scrooge and the wielders at work. Whether it was casting magic or throwing a keyblade that destroyed several floating Heartless, he was in awe. Kanan stabbed the last Heartless that was behind him. Launchpad exited the vehicle again.

"Think I could borrow one of those keyswords to fight the monsters?" he asked.

"It'd just come right back to one of us," Kanan said, "Same goes for Zeb's shield and Hera's wand."

They continued on. Ezra followed right behind Scrooge, who was leading, and Sabine was bringing up the rear with Launchpad in front of her. Kanan, Hera, and Zeb were mixed in the middle. Sabine looked at Ezra and, strangely for her, she felt nothing. No anger, no jealousy, nothing. She was only briefly wondering why that was. Was she finally accepting him?

No, she thought, he still doesn't know what's going on here. He didn't even know what a keyblade was, what Heartless, Nobodies, or Unversed were, or how to cast magic. He's just been lucking his way through these fights. Once he messes up, I'll make sure he's accountable.

They eventually got to a large antechamber under the docks.

"I was wondering when you'd show up, Scrooge," a female voice resounded, "but I didn't expect you to bring some new friends or your idiot of a driver."

"I think she's talking about you," Launchpad whispered to Zeb.

"Show yourself, Magica," Scrooge called, "you cannay hide forever!"

A puff of purple smoke appeared in the middle of the room.

"Oh," Magica said, "but who said I was hiding?"

Before anyone could charge forward, she put a hand up, stopping everyone.

"Those five... they aren't your nephews, Webby, or Mrs. Beakley. Where are they from?"

"St. Canard." Scrooge said.

"I think not," they all heard a sinister voice say.

A dark corridor opened and the thing in a white coat was came out of it.

"Again?" Kanan asked.

"Come now. You know that it's pointless to try taking me out."

"This fine gentleman," Magica said, "has really helped open my eyes to a world larger than just this place we live in. He's told me that you have business on... other worlds. That your nephew, Donald, fights with a boy who wields similar weapons as three of you friends there."

Kanan, Sabine, Ezra, Zeb, and Hera summoned their weapons.

"What do you want, Magica," Scrooge asked, "Keyblades are rather particular about their owners."

"He told me that. No, I want one of them to unlock the Keyhole of this world. I want to show whover that has-been Maleficent is that I am superior."

Ezra cast wind to Magica. A purple sphere appeared around her, causing the wind to bounce away from her. She cackled.

"Do you honestly think magic will do anything to me? I am the most powerful sorceress here!"

Heartless began appearing. Launchpad turned to run out of the room, but two neoshadows blocked his path. Sabine leapt over him and slashed the first one, dissipating it. The other one, though, disappeared into the ground. It reappeared behind Sabine, but in front of Launchpad. Before it could swipe at her, Launchpad grabbed it and threw it to the fray that Scrooge and the others were fighting in. Ezra slashed it as it was flying.

"Oh," he said, "maybe I'm not helpless."

They both went back to the fray. Rather than just shadows and elemental floaters, there were also neoshadows, soldiers, and flying soldiers.

"Those Heartless will not stop them," the figure in white stated.

"It doesn't matter," Magica said, "I just needed a distraction so I could leave without then noticing."

The figure opened a dark corridor behind Magica. She walked through it and disappeared after it closed. The figure looked at the fray still going on. Scrooge was surprisingly holding his own, despite his age, the keyblade wielders were still ferocious, the magician was burning, freezing, blowing, and shocking any Heartless that got too close, the knight was throwing his shield and bashing Heartless into it, and the bumbling driver was throwing big stones and boulders into Heartless. It smirked under the hood. It opened another dark corridor behind it, leaving the world. The last Heartless was destroyed and the seven noticed they were alone.

"No big boss Heartless?" Ezra asked, "Seems anticlimactic."

"Well, you'll have to go after that thing that helped Magica leave," Scrooge said, "I'll have to tell King Mickey about the new player of Darkness."

"What about me, Mr. McD?" Launchpad asked.

"I still trust you to look after everything while I'm gone."

They all exited the antechamber.

I promise, I'm still here. And yes, I still have a plan for the story, just not the worlds that are going to show up. (Honestly the only worlds that I knew I was going to include were Danville and the Warehouse.)

Next time we're going to be briefly back in the ocean between worlds.