10 | The Conference~

Start from the beginning

He was picking a fight with Eith again, when Eith was literally doing nothing.

Eith stammered. "Sorry, I was just—"

"You were just what?"

Eith gripped the sides of his chair. He sighed. "Just wondering why you talk a lot," he mumbled.

Cale was dumbfounded. He snarled at him. "What did you say?!?"

The doors barged open, and in entered a copper-haired, cloak wearing newcomer. He automatically strode to his seat and sat down without a word. Maki eyed him suspiciousy. I was wondering where he was, Maki thought.

Artero Vaugh Van, the son of Kaiser Wrillwraith, the current king's brother. Just his entrance alone was enough to shut Cale's loose tongue. He carried with him a huge presence, not to mention the way his shadow sometimes moved on its own.

Shadowsmith.

Now they were complete. All of the nine members of the Ivy League were gathered in the Conference Room.

Not long after that, the doors swung open again. Traipsing in was a golden-haired, white tunic and trouser wearing Aleco Wrillwraith, the crown prince.

"My, my!" he glorified with his arms up. "This is such a wonderful sight! How long has it been since the Ivy League were all gathered in one place?"

Maki chuckled. Aleco was such a bright person—such a contrast to the rest of his brothers.

As Aleco was headed to his seat, he gently tapped Jurian's shoulder. "Wake up, little brother. We're about to start." He took his seat on the largest chair displayed at the head.

Jurian stirred awake. He rubbed his eyes with his fingers.

"Let's get started, shall we?" began Aleco. He touched his fingers together and rested his elbows on the table. Maki liked to call that his serious face.

"I called all of you today to discuss three things. Firstly," he faced the direction of Eith. "Welcome to the Ivy League, Eith."

Cale immediately raised his hand.

"Highness, if I may. I object to the outcome that this guy is the next successor to the late Prince Jude's ruby Axe. He's a total wuss and I think he will just put the Ivy League's name to shame when he runs away from a kregglin attack."

Maki slapped his forehead. His reasons are so full of shit!

Aleco frowned at his words. Maki watched as the crown prince gave him a tight-lipped smile. "Ahh, I see what you're trying to say here. Both of you were classmates at the Academy, which is why you have all of these opinions about him."

Poor Eith slumped in his chair.

"But," Aleco added. "I was there during Eith's trial, and you were not. None of you were, except for Micah. I chose Eith because he has proven himself as a worthy ally. Are you trying to say that you're questioning my judgement?"

Cale stiffened up. "I— Uhh..." He was at a loss for words. Maki hid his smirk by scratching his nose. From his peripheral, he saw Risa do the same.

Jurian seemed to be confused on what was happening.

Good, Maki thought. Cale had it coming to him. I told him so many times to watch that mouth of his.

"I don't want to hear any objections about Eith's spot here in the Ivy League, understood?" Aleco looked at everyone. When everyone nodded, he continued. "The second thing I'd like to discuss today is about the summit that will be happening a month from now."