Chapter No.42

"Mark, we need to talk.", Jaehyun said once he sat beside his younger brother who didn't take his eyes off of the unconscious boy in front of them.

A few days were passed since the incident in the amusement park, Haechan hasn't woke up yet and Mark wasn't leaving the other's side for more than two minutes.
Jaehyun had tried to talk with his brother the whole time but it seemed like the latter didn't want to talk, just like this time.

The older was about to repeat himself but, to his surprise, got interrupted by the younger.
"A-about what?"

"Well...", Jaehyun didn't know how to begin. He was sure that Mark wouldn't want to talk with him, so he hasn't really thought about how to approach the topic.

"Taeyong told me that you want to distance yourself from Donghyuck once he wakes up. Is that true?", the oldest in the room asked as he looked expecting at the boy beside him.

"Y-yeah...", was the only thing Mark could reply. Tears started to well up in his eyes at the thought of it but he needed to do that, he needed to keep Donghyuck safe even if that meant they had to stay away from each other.

"But why? I thought you liked him? Wasn't he the one that made you smile so damn much in the past few weeks?"

"Yes, but I-I don't want him to be hurt a-anymore. He got hurt because of m-me. His 'parents' hurt him because of me. I-I just want h-him to be safe but he isn't when h-he is with m-me, so I h-have to let him g-go....", by now the younger of the two brothers couldn't stop his tears from rolling down his face, "... because I-I love h-him. I know this is s-sudden and probably too s-soon but I love h-him so much i-it hurts."

"Hey...Don't say that...It's not your fault, some people just tend to be assholes, and unfortunately, Donghyuck met many assholes but that's not because of you. I don't want you to leave the person you love just because of some stupid people who can't even get their own lives together. Besides, there isn't a 'too soon' when it's about love. Love doesn't happen after a given time. Sometimes it only needs a few seconds to realize that you love someone, other times it can take a few years to discover how you feel.", Jaehyun tried to assure the other. He didn't want his brother to make a mistake and suffer from it for the rest of his life.

He knows how it felt to leave his first love. Jaehyun wasn't himself after the break-up but to his luck, Taeyong hadn't given up on him and fought for their relationship which led them to be married after seven years of being together and he was so grateful for that.

"Listen, Mark, if you think that's the right thing to do then that's alright but please consider your own feelings too. You deserve to be happy as much as Donghyuck does and I can see that your happiness is he. I may not know him so well but I know you are his happiness too and it would break his heart if you left him because every time I saw him, he had this sparkle in his eyes when he looked at you. The same sparkle you have when you look at him. It's love."

'It's love.'

That's the only thing Mark could think of at the moment. It was already late and his brother left him a few hours ago. The elder told him about his relationship with Taeyong, how it was a similar situation back then and that he would support Mark no matter what.

"Hyuckie-ah, is that true? Would me leaving break your heart even after the amount of harm you received because of me? Do you...Do y-you really l-love me?", Mark asked desperately. He didn't want to leave his sunshine if it hurt the latter. The boy closed his eyes, trying miserably to stop the tears which threatened to flow down his cheeks but he quickly opened them when he felt something squeezing his hand.

Looking at the boy in front of him, he was met with his favorite pair of brown eyes.
"M-Mark..."

"D-Donghyuck...Oh my god, Donghyuck....Hyuckie, are you okay? Do you need anything? Should I get Renjun and Chenle? Should I get Kun? Wait, you probably don't know him, he is the doct-", Mark panicked and began to ramble but got stopped by the softest giggle he had ever heard.

"I-I'm fine, hyung. I'm a bit tired and my leg hurts slightly but nothing to worry about. Would you mind not telling anybody? I really want to sleep.", Haechan said as he looked at the blond male. He was happy to finally see the older again and not just hear him without being able to respond.

"Ok, sure. I can go to my room if you want to. I don't want to bother you when you try to rest.", Mark suggested and was about to stand up and leave the room but got stopped by a hand gripping onto his wrist. The Canadian watched the other confused as he still held his wrist.

"P-Please don't leave. Can y-you please sleep next to me? I-I need some cuddles.", Donghyuck voiced out while his cheeks were painted with a light pink. He didn't know where the confidence came to ask that question but he didn't mind it one bit.

"You want me to cuddle with you?", the older needed to make sure he misunderstood the other but when he got a shy nod from his sunshine he knew he heard right.

"Okay.", with that Mark laid beside the younger before he put his arms around the latter and pulled him towards him, leaving no space between them.
The boy hummed a soft melody as he caressed Donghyuck's hair, making him sleepy.

Once he closed his eyes, Mark felt himself drift into dreamland but before the darkness took over him he heard the boy in his arms whisper.

"I love you too, Minhyung."

With that, they both fell asleep and dreamt sparkling eyes full of love.