Chapter No.20

The now silver-haired boy just stared at the older. He couldn't take his eyes off of Mark, the boy looked too cute with the smile on his face.

Donghyuck was so focused on staring at the other that he didn't notice Mark talking to him. The other seven males looked at them and tried not to laugh but failed miserably.

"Hello, kitten? Are you even listening?", the blond-haired male asked amused.

Finally looking away, Donghyuck glanced at his friends who seemed to be as amused as the boy beside him.

"N-No.", the male whispered embarrassed, feeling his face heating up, "W-What did you s-say?"

"Taeyong-hyung asked if we want to go and eat with them.", Chenle replied instead of the Canadian.

"O-oh.... ehh... that sounds like a good idea?", Haechan said which sounded more like a question than a statement.

Not being to hold it in anymore, the other eight boys started to laugh at the cute sunkissed boy's behavior before they headed towards the closest cafe.

"Hey, Mark", Jaehyun turned towards his younger brother.

The group was now sitting in a small, cute cafe. The cafe wasn't busy at all, despite the nine males, there was only an old-married couple sitting near the windows.

"Yeah?", Mark questioned and tilted his head a little bit to show the older to continue.

"Why are holding hands with the cute little boy. What was his name again? Donhyun?", the elder wanted to know quietly because he didn't want to embarrass the younger, or at least not now. Yet the male couldn't stop his lips forming into a smirk as he asked the question.

"It's Donghyuck, hyung.", Mark simply replied and took a sip of his coffee before he spoke up again.

"At first it was a dare but at some point, I realized that I don't want to let go of him."

The boy spoke so quietly, the elder almost didn't hear it but once he understood his smirk just grew.

Seeing his brother smirking at him teasingly, the Canadian drunk another sip of his coffee to cover the forming blush up.

"Are you alright hyung? Why is your face so red? Are you sick?", Donghyuck suddenly bombarded the blond-haired with questions.

"N-No...", Mark coughed before the others noticed his stutter.
"I'm fine."

Right after the last sentence, a silence fell over the table the boys were sitting at.
A silence in were seven boys looked at the blushing male teasingly while the last one looked at him with a mixture of confusion and concern.

Deciding that the silence was long enough, Mark coughed once again before started to speak.

"Kitten, didn't you read 'The Royals'? Taeyong-hyung read it too and loves it.", the boy said and laughed at the end, remembering how much the older loved the book, "He is basically obsessed with this book."

"Is it true, hyung?", Haechan asked the older Korean, his eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Yeah....", the oldest rubbed his neck sheepishly.
"What about you? Did you like the book?"

"Like? I freaking loved it.", the silver-haired one stated which led to a long conversation about the said book between the two excited boys.

"Why are guys acting like kids? It's just a book.", Jeno exclaimed to which the boy received death glares from the other two.

But quickly realizing that he wasn't worth their time, Donghyuck and Taeyong continued their conversation as nothing happened.

"Don't say that, babe. They look like they want to punch you right in your beautiful face.", Jaemin laughed and pinched his boyfriend's cheek, making the rest of the group laugh too.

"Donghyuck can I ask you a question?", Taeyong suddenly asked the younger.

"Sure, hyung. Besides, we're friends now, so please call me Haechan. It's my nickname which only my closest friends are allowed to use.", Haechan smiled sweetly and waited for his hyung to ask the question.

"Ok, Haechan.", Taeyong returned the smile before he finally asked the question he wanted to ask since they came into the cafe, "Are you and Mark possible dating?"

The younger froze for a moment because of the sudden question. He never thought that the older would ask such a question.

Looking at his shoes to hide his blush, Donghyuck quietly responded, "N-No, why d-do you think that?"

"Well, he seems to be happy and at ease around you. He beat a teacher because he talked bad about you which he never did before. He also smiles a lot when is with you. Mark never smiles around people and doesn't like it very much, nor does he protect them.", the oldest listed before he grinned and stared at Donghyuck's hand which was intertwined with Mark's one.

"Besides you two are holding each other hand for the whole afternoon."

"It's a dare. We played 'truth or dare' and Mark-hyung got dared to let the person he liked the most of us six sit on his lap for the rest of the game and holding hands with them for the rest of the day.", the suntanned male explained, not realizing how the older's grin got bigger.

"What?", the younger tilted his head and looked at the elder curious after he noticed how the other stared at him.

"So he got dared to let the person he likes the most sit on his lap and has to hold hand with exactly that person for the rest of the day and he chose you?", Taeyong asked again, hoping the other would realize what that meant.

"Yes, hyung that's exactly what I just said.", Haechan whined a little bit before it made finally click inside his head.

Mark chose him, so that meant he likes the younger the most.

Despite feeling slightly dumb because he only realized it now, the silver-haired boy smiled like a fool and unintentionally squeezed the Canadian's hand tightly.

"Are you okay?", Mark questioned the younger worriedly after he felt his hand got squeezed.

"I'm more than okay. I'm so happy right now.", Donghyuck answered enthusiastically and smiled widely, making the older smile as wide as himself.

"So here are we again in front of my house, aren't we?", the suntanned male chuckled as he looked up at the older with sparkly eyes.

"Yeah....", Mark couldn't help but stare at the boy in front of him with a soft smile.

The two were currently standing in front of the younger's house.
Mark insisted on driving the younger home which caused Jaehyun and Taeyong to bring the rest of the boys home but not before smirking one last time at the two teasingly, making the younger slightly blush.

"It was fun today, we should do it again sometime.", the Canadian said and took a step towards the silver-haired boy.

"Yeah, we should....", Donghyuck whispered as he watched the older taking another step towards him.

"But next time we should go without the others.", Mark said confidently after some time of silence.

"L-Like a d-date?", the younger wanted to make sure, so he wouldn't misunderstand anything.

"Like a date.", the blond male smirked before he kissed the boy in front of him one last time for the day.

--------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely cookies
How are y'all?

I tried to make this a little bit longer because I want to say thank you for 100+ votes and 1,7k+ reads. It really means a lot to me.

I hope you liked this chapter

Eat well and stay safe 💞

       ~evi