Chapter No.23

Bang

It was past midnight, the thunder got louder and more rain was poured against the windows, making it sound even scarier.

Donghyuck whimpered. He woke up because of the thunder only one hour after he went to sleep.

Another thunder made the boy flinch before trembling badly. He wanted to cry, to scream, to do anything that would make the feeling of dread go away.  But instead of doing any of these things, he stayed silent because of the sleeping boy beside him he didn't want to wake up.

Donghyuck tried to go to the kitchen and get himself something to drink to calm down but he failed. His body wasn't moving, not even an inch.

He felt like the walls were getting closer and he couldn't breathe properly anymore. His heart started to beat faster and his breathing became uneven due to the lack of oxygen.

The boy cried out, just wanting the feeling the disappear so desperately.

He was occupied in trying to get his breathing to go regular again that he didn't notice the older boy who squirmed in his sleep and eventually woke up because of the noises.

Once Mark opened his eyes he was met with a panicked Haechan, looking like he would pass out any minute.

The Canadian was overwhelmed, he didn't know what to do, so he did the only thing that he could think of.

He hugged the younger tight, assuring him that he wasn't going through this on his own.

"Kitten...", Mark tried to gain the younger's attention, so he would only focus on the elder, ".....can you hear me?"

The Korean didn't reply, the only thing the boy heard was the thunder outside, making his breathing even more uneven.

After not receiving any kind of answer, the elder called the other once again but this louder.

Finally noticing that the older is awake, Donghyuck's cries turned louder while he held onto the Canadian.

"N-No a-air.....", the sunkissed managed to say but it came out as a whimper, making the other's slightly widen.

"O-Okay, you need to listen to me now, understood, kitten?", Mark stuttered, "Kitten, I want you to adjust your breathing with mine, okay? Breathe in. And out."

The older's heart broke at the sight in front of him. It hurt him to see the younger in pain and scared.

After some minutes which felt like hours for both of them, they managed to regularize the younger's breathing, still holding each other tightly.

"I'm s-sorry....", Haechan whispered, breaking the silence which was present a few moments ago.

"For what, babe?", Mark questioned and spoke as quietly as the younger did, not getting what he was talking about.

"I-I'm s-sorry that y-you woke u-up because o-of me and h-had to help m-me d-dealing with m-my panic.", the younger explained as tears rolled down his face.

"It's okay, sunshine. You don't have to thank me, I would do it over and over again for that.", the older assured. He took one of the other's hands in his own and pressed it lightly while his hand made his way to the beauty's face, wiping the tears away.

Despite the crying, Mark managed to make Donghyuck blush because of his actions and the pet name wasn't helping either.

"We should go back to sleep, sunshine. You have school in the morning.", the Canadian said before he pulled the other closer, letting the silver-haired boy snuggle into Mark's chest.

Feeling the warmth coming from the elder and smelling his scent, Haechan could finally relax completely and drifted back to sleep, not noticing how the thunder had already stopped.

Rrring Rrring Rrri--

"Shut up, you bitch.", Mark yelled as he threw the alarm clock against a wall, slightly startling the younger boy who was still half asleep but got up eventually.

"Hyung, please don't yell this early in the morning. My neighbors try to sleep.", Haechan said before he went to the bathroom to get ready for school.

After twenty minutes, the Korean went back to his room and found the elder sleeping again.

"Hyung, wake up, I need to get to school and you probably don't want to be alone in my house for hours, do you?", Donghyuck tried to wake the other up, keyword: tried.

The younger tried to wake up the sleeping boy by yelling and shaking him. He even slapped him a few times but the older didn't want to wake up from his deep slumber, so he did the only thing he hasn't tried already.

Donghyuck kissed the blond boy and to his surprise, the other responded instantly.

After realizing this, the younger quickly moved away from the Canadian which caused the ladder to whine because of the sudden loss.

"H-Hyung, were y-you awake the whole t-time?", Haechan asked while he blushed after realizing what embarrassing things he had yelled to wake the other up.

"Yeah, I heart everything you said, sunshine.", Mark grinned, making the younger blush more.

'Dang, why does his morning voice has to be so deep and hot'

Shaking his thoughts away, the silver-haired male took his school bag before he turned back to the boy in his bed.

"H-Hyung, come downstairs, I'll make breakfast for us.", and with that, both of them went to the kitchen and talked about everything until the younger finished making their breakfast.

"Kitten, are you sure you want to go to school? You could skip classes and rest at home, I don't think you're well enough to go to school because of yesterday night.", Mark voiced worriedly when they both sat inside his car.

The younger didn't seem to feel well, so the Canadian demanded to let him drive the other to which the ladder only nodded.

"I'm alright, hyung. Don't worry and if something will happen I still have Renjun-hyung and Chenle.", the suntanned boy reassured the elder with a small smile, not having the energy for something more.

The boy in the driver's seat still wasn't convinced but drove the silver-haired boy to school anyway.

At the school, the older male parked the car somewhere where nobody could see them.

"Please call me if something happens, sunshine.", Mark pleaded the boy beside him, making the latter blush once again because of the pet name.

"I will.", Haechan softly smiled and pecked the elder's cheek shyly, before getting out of the car and walking towards the school.

The Canadian couldn't help but smile because of the younger's cuteness.

After a few seconds of thinking about the silver-haired boy, Mark eventually drove away but this time with an uneasy feeling.

Something bad was going to happen.