Chapter No. 15

"Did you hear the new rumor about Mark and the others?.", Renjun greeted his two friends while he joined them at their usual table for lunch.

"Well, good morning to you too, Hyung.", Donghyuck ignored the older's question completely, continuing to eat his lunch peacefully right after.

"Yeah, good morning, guys.", the Chinese replied annoyed, rolling his eyes. "Now. Did you hear it?"

Getting a little bit exciting to be able to spill some tea again, Renjun looked at his younger friends with sparkling eyes.

"No, we didn't.", Chenle piped in with a bit of curiosity in his voice.

"I thought we already talked about it. I don't believe in rumors and you shouldn't either.", the Korean boy stated, a little bit angry that his friends believed in these kinds of things.

"I never said that I believe the rumors which spread around the school. I talk about it because our lives are kinda boring.", the oldest quickly clarified.

"Guys, let's just forget about it.", the younger Chinese interrupted his friends, before it could escalate.

Turning around, Chenle faced his older Chinese friend with a questioning expression on his face.

"So, what is the rumor about?"

"Okay, so like I said before: it's about Mark, Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung.", Renjun started the narration, excitement in his voice clearly audible.

"You are so ridiculous.", Haechan spoke quietly.

"Don't interrupt me.", the oldest of the three hushed his younger friend. "Anygays, I heard a few people saying that they beat the new teacher."

"What?", the suntanned boy asked in disbelief, not sure if he heard it right.

"Apparently, the teacher did something which angered Jeno and when the others wanted to calm him down, the teacher provoked the other three so much until Jeno lost it and started to throw punches at the teacher.", Renjun explained in more detail.

To say that the other two were shocked would be a misunderstanding. They didn't expect this at all.

"Do you believe it?", the youngest finally spoke up, breaking the silence -which had surrounded the table- with a blank expression.

"To be honest, I'm not sure.", Donghyuck answered quietly, shocking his friends even more. "What? Let's be real, the four aren't people who would stay calm when they got provoked by some random person, especially not Jeno."

"You are not wrong.", Renjun said thoughtfully. "But I think the person needs to provoke them too much to make them so angry."

"True, but how is the teacher now?", Chenle wanted to know, a little bit afraid that the four boys beat the other too bad.

"A few say that he just went home to get some rest, but most of the students say that he is in the hospital right now, unconscious."

Losing their appetite, the three friends turned silent and watched blankly at nothing.

"Guys, let's not get to conclusions. Maybe they didn't beat him and even if they did, maybe they had a good reason.", Haechan tried to lift the mood.

"Yeah, Hyung is right. We can ask them when we see them, couldn't we?", Chenle forced a smile. He wasn't so sure if they would answer them.

To be honest, the boy would be scared if it turned out that the four boys really did it. He wasn't very scared about himself or his best friends -he was sure that the other boys would have already beaten them if they wanted to- he was rather scared of what would happen with the other four.

"Hey, guys.", a familiar voice spoke up. Once the three turned towards the voice, they saw the four boys they were talking about before.

Before they could respond anything, the three got beaten by the same voice again.

"Would you mind if we ate out of school and skipped afternoon classes?", Jaemin asked them and smiled lightly.

"N-no, not r-really. We c-could go to m-my house, my parents aren't at home.", Haechan suggested after got a nod of approval from each of his friends.

Accepting the other's offer, the four 'bad boys' waited until the three best friends headed out of the school, leading the way towards the Korean boy's house.

Once they arrived, the seven of them put their backpacks in a random corner and walked towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen, the host took out everything he needed to cook food for all of them.

"Hyung, do you need help with anything?", Chenle asked his Hyung while he back hugged him, getting a little bit clingy after he heard about the rumor. The young boy felt frayed and he didn't know why but he knew that he definitely needed a hug right now.

"Now, I'm fine.", Donghyuck smiled. "Don't you wanna talk with Jisung? Your project is still going on, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is but I will talk, with him later. First I need a hug.", the blond-haired boy replied with a pout which made both of them laugh, completely unaware of the glares that were sent towards them.

"Hyung, stop glaring at Chenle like that.", Jisung said to Mark, clearly seeing jealousy on the older's face.

"He shouldn't hug Donghyuck like this, especially when he's cooking. He could easily get distracted and hurt himself or Chenle. And weren't you the one who glared at Donghyuck a while you, so you have nothing to say in this.", the Canadian reasoned, giving the younger a glance before looking back at the two boys who were laughing while cooking.

"Yes, I was jealous but there are only friends. Besides, why are you even jealous, it's not like you have a crush on Donghyuck-Hyung, do you?", Jisung curiously asked now, one brow lifted and a small smirk forming on his lips.

"Jealous? Who said I am jealous?", Mark responded looking away and ignoring the last question on purpose.

After a few seconds of silence, he looked at the younger, only to see an 'I-don't-belive-you' look on the latter.

Sighing, Mark took his phone out and played some games to make time pass by.

Once the food was done, the seven boys started eating it while talking with each other, Renjun, Chenle, and Haechan still stuttered here and there because they were literally sitting in front of their crushes.

After they finished the food, they headed towards the living room and just sat there silently for good two minutes until the second youngest got an idea.

"Guys, let's play truth or dare."

--------------------------------------------------
Hello, my lovely cookies,
How are you feeling today?

I hope you are doing fine

What do you think of this chapter?
Feel free to leave a comment

Eat well and stay safe 💞

            ~evi