Chapter 19: The Chosen One

The Elite Ten was currently discussing which students should participate in the Fall Elections, they were now looking at Yusuke's files.

Erina: Objection! We should re-evaluate whether this student should be allowed in the Autumn Elections! I doubt his actions merit his participation in a gourmet festival with a time-honored tradition!

Satoshi: Nakiri-kun. When it comes to food, your opinion has never been wrong. However, when it comes to Soma-kun and Yusuke-kun, your views seem irrational.

Erina: Huh?

Satoshi: Did something happen between you three? Something personal?

Erina: N-Nothing. I just believe them to be unworthy. Isshiki-san, perhaps you're the one who's biased, because they're from your dorm.

Satoshi: *Laughs* Of course not.

Eizan: Kudo Yusuke... He seems interesting. I support his participation.

Erina stands up surprised.

Eizan: At the camp, not only did he single-handedly passed a group assignment, but on the third day, he served more egg dishes than anyone else, including a member of the Elite Ten, with a total of 412 servings.

Erina: He just got lucky! Are you assuming that his dish was better than mine!?

Eizan: Maybe, but there's also Yukihira Soma, who made a last-minute comeback to serve 200 dishes. They both received many recommendations for their first day's task, as well. Mavericks like those two would be sure to make the festival more entertaining, don't you think? I don't get why you're against the idea.

Erina sits down and stays quiet.

Satoshi: No further objections, I suppose? Then let this be the final decision.

(Timeskip)

A bunch of students were rushing towards a large board, it was to see who would be chosen to participate in the Autumn Elections.

When the names were revealed, some students were happy, others were not.

Shun: So these are the Autumn Election contestants.

Soma: Huh.

Yusuke: Are any of our names there?

Shun's, Soma's and Yusuke's names were found on the list, then Ryoko's and Yuki's, then Megumi's, Shoji and Daigo were dead shocked that their names were not on the list.

Megumi: Wh-What should I do?

Soma: Hey! So all three of you were selected, too?

Megumi: Soma-kun!

Soma: Good job, guys.

Yusuke: But man, I feel bad for Satou and Aoki. 

Then Takumi walks up to them.