Chapter 22: The One who Surpasses the Ordinary

After Hisako took the lead with her dish, it was Miyoko's turn to present.

Urara: Now, we have Hojo Miyoko!

...

Urara: Now, what is her score? Here it comes!

Miyoko's dish earned her a score of 87 points.

Urara: 87 Points! She has pushed Nao Sadatsuka aside to take the second place!

Orie: Fragrant with spices and pineapple, her Boluo Gali Chaofan is something I can't forget! The sweetness of the fruit and the saltiness of the stir-fried rice fill your mouth. It's not dissimilar from sweet and sour pork, another Chinese dish made using pineapples.

Ando: She finished the dish by putting the stir-fried rice into a hollowed pineapple, sealing it with a rind "lid," then baking it in the oven! She salted the sides of the pineapple dish in contact with the rice to control how sweet the rice would become.

Orie: So that allowed her to transfer just the refreshing fragrance to the rice and prevent the rice from drying out. This dish has advance Chinese cuisine.

Ando: Invincible and indomitable... She is like a kung fu master cloaked in a dragon of flame! She is the Iron Fire Dragon Girl! No wonder she's the heir to the oldest establishment in Chinatown. Her dish is an item that puts men to shame... Or should I say, a blow!?

Megumi: Wow, I didn't know that was a possible curry dish.

Miyoko walks away as she looked at Megumi with a disgusted look.

(Hall A)

Shoji and Daigo were on their way to Hall A.

Daigo: Hurry! The judging's about to begin!

Shoji: Yeah. I bet there's a huge uproar going in there, too-

Daigo: Huh?

But to their surprise, there was nothing but silence.

Shoji: What's going on?

Daigo: It's too quiet.

They noticed that Natsume had given 0 points to a dish.