Chapter 21: The Unknown Known

(Group A)

Soma was sleeping on a chair while his pot was preparing something, surprising Akira and Ikumi.

Akira: (What. He's asleep?)

Ikumi: (How's he managed that on a chair?)

Soma's nose catches the smell of his pot, causing him to wake up.

Soma: (Here it comes!) Now's the time!

Soma opens the lid and the smell reaches the entire arena.

Akira: (What's this fragrance?)

They noticed that Soma's pot contained what appeared to be rice.

Akira: Your pot... You've added a paste of apples, bananas, and carrots. That makes the rice creamy, similar to a risotto.

Soma: Nice, Hayama. I knew you'd get it. Right on! You have a great nose.

Akira: (No... There's some other secret. What's behind this complex fragrance, even though he's not using anything special for spices?)

Soma: Oh, I was testing recipes until this morning. I was so focused on sniffing out all the differences in the smells that I ended up taking a li'l nap. Oops.

Akira: You've got balls of steel, man.

Soma: Well, wait and see. My cooking's just getting started.

(Group B)

Megumi continued to carefully work on her dish.

Student: The dropout's just working away without any showmanship.

Student: Man, she's so outta place, she gets on my nerves. What a country pumpkin!

Shoji and Daigo were furiously glaring at them.

Daigo: What'd you just say, boys?

Shoji: Say it one more time loud and clear, why don't ya?

The two students ran away scared.

Fumio: Cut it out! Just let them be.

Daigo: But Fumio-san!

Shoji: They said it so Tadokoro'd hear them!

Fumio: Never mind all that. Cheer them on!

Daigo: A'ight.

Shoji: Fine.

Shoji/Daigo: Kudo, Tadokoro, Yoshino, hang in there!

Yuki: Yeah!

Shoji and Daigo: You can do it it!

Megumi: Now all the prep work's done. I have to get started on getting it ready...

Megumi leaves her station to go get something, then she bumps onto Miyoko.

Miyoko: Do you know who's the biggest troublemaker in a kitchen? It's the careless klutz who isn't aware of its surroundings!

Megumi: Hojo-san, I'm sorry. *bows down* I'll be more careful.

Miyoko says nothing and returns to work. The students were once again in awe by her skills.

Student: Hojo's finally adding spices!

Student: She's letting the fragrance fully develop, the stir frying the eggs and rice!

Student: Look! There's something amazing going on there, too!

They look to see Takumi cutting pasta with his mezzaluna.

Student: The pasta was cut in a second! What skill! He used the mezzaluna, which is for mincing ingredients, to cut them into equal pieces!

Devotion (Shokugeki No Soma X Male OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें