Mikael

Caroline's POV
It has been two months, and everything is great. Stefan and Rebekah are together. Marcellus, Nik and I caught up, and couldn't be happier. We found out who the witches are that are conspiring against us. It seems they were lying and just trying to get us here, and rebalance nature. We killed them, just to be sure.

Anyway, I woke up, and Nik isn't in bed, again. He hasn't been sleeping, lately. He keeps being paranoid.

I got out of bed, and put on my jeans, black boots, and my red lace top. I walked out of the room, and went to Niks office, not there. I took a guess, and pulled the book on the shelf.

The wall opened and I walked through the large hall, and opened the wooden door. There he is. He is looking at the painting of Marcellus, Nik and I. He had painted it as a wedding present.

I went over and put my hand on his shoulder. I said, " You need to sleep."

He said, " I need to find out if those witches has another motive."

I said, " Nik, they are dead. They don't have another motive."

He sighed and I heard someone say, " Children."

It's coming from downstairs, and I recognized the voice. Nik also heard it, and we sped downstairs to the courtyard.

There is Mikael standing there in the courtyard. I said, " How are you alive?"

He looked at me and said, " I always have a backup plan. Why do you think I was away for a while in Mystic Falls? I had a witch make sure I would be resurrected. I caught word that Niklaus is coming to Mystic Falls."

Nik went and stood in front of Mikael. He held Mikael by the neck, and Bit Mikael in the arm. He dropped Mikael to the ground, and Mikael looked at his arm. It won't kill him, but it will give him hallucinations.

I said, " Nik!"

Nik turned towards me and shrugged. He said, " It will keep him weak for the time being. Kol, Elijah put him in the dungeon. I have to go speak with a witch."

Nik sped out of the house and I followed after him. He was walking in the cemetery and he said, " Caroline. Why did you follow me?"

I said, " Nik. You could've reasoned with him. You didn't have to bite him."

Nik said, " Why do you care about him? He kept you on a leash for a thousand years."

I said, " Nik, I always care."

Nik sighed and a witch came out from a crypt.

It's Davina Claire, the regent of the witches. Davina said, " What are you both doing here?"

Nik said, " We need assistance."

Davina said, " Why would I help you?"

I said, " Could you help a friend? Davina we both know Marcellus saved you from the harvest. You became a powerful witch, and are the regent of the witches. Please help us."

Davina looked at me and said, " Alright. What needs to be done?"

Nik said, " I need a boundary spell, and your help looking for a spell that can kill an Original."

Davina said, " I will help. Where do you need the spell done?"

Nik said, " Come with us to the compound."

Davina nodded. I went over and said, " It will be faster, if I speed you there."

She nodded. I picked her up, and sped to the house.

We arrived at the house, and I put Davina down. We walked into the courtyard, and we showed Davina to the dungeon, where an unconscious Mikael is. Kol came in with candles and salt.

Davina poured the salt in a circle around Mikael, and lit the candles, and chanted.

When Davina was finished, Kol showed her to a room, so she can look through Esther's Grimiore. Nik and I went upstairs. We sat down in the courtyard, and talked with Kat, Elijah, Bekah, Stefan and Marcellus.

Eight hours later, everyone is in bed. I couldn't sleep. I heard Nik snoring. I got out of bed, and quietly walked out of the room. I walked downstairs, and to the dungeon. Mikael is awake, and looked at me.

  I stood in front of him, and he said, " What do I owe the pleasure?"

  I said, " I want to know why?"

  He looked confused. I said, " Why didn't you kill me? You had multiple chances, when I ran away. Yet, you didn't."

  He said, " You remind me of my first born daughter, Freya. She was the light of my life, till the plague took her. You have always reminded me of her. Always looking for the positive of things."

I said, " Why do you hate Niklaus so?"

He said, " I dont hate him. I hate what he is, he's an abomination. I tried to make him stronger when he was human."

  I said, " He is strong. He's not an abomination. Why didn't you tell me he was alive?"

He said, " I was afraid you would leave me for him. You are like a daughter to me, I didn't want another daughter to leave me."

I said, " Mikael, I love him. I would've been with him no matter what. But, these thousand years, I was actually happy some of the time, with you. You always are an ass, but the memories I have of you, I can't help but care."

He said, " That's why I had a witch block those memories. I Didn't want you to see me as anything but. I wanted you to see me as a monster, instead of someone people can care about."

I said, " If given the chance, would you change?"

He said, " For you, only."

  I nodded, and walked out of the dungeon. Nik is standing in the courtyard with his arms crossed. He said, " Why were you in the dungeon?"

  I said, " I wanted answers."

  He said, " Caroline, he won't change. He can't change."

I said, " Nik. What if you're wrong?"

  He said, " Why do you care so much about him?"

  I said, " It's the memories of the last thousand years. Mikael has been mostly nice to me, especially when we were human. Come here. Let me show you."

   I put my hand on his cheek and said, " Open your mind to me. Please, Nik."

  He nodded, and closed his eyes. I closed mine, and showed him the happy memories I have of Mikael and I.

   When I was done, we opened our eyes, and he said, " Why didn't you show me to begin with?"

  I said, " I didn't know what you would do. Most of the memories, I didn't have until after the memory blockage spell was done."

  He said, " Love."

  I said, " Nik, give him a second chance. Please. For me."

  He said, " I don't know, love."

  I said, " For me. Please."

  He sighed, and said, " Alright. I will have Davina drop the spell tomorrow."

I smiled, and said, " Thank you!"

  I kissed his lips, and he deepened it. He picked me up, and carried me upstairs to our room. Things got heated from there.