Celebration

Caroline's POV
It has been a month, since I helped keep Mikael away from Niklaus. Mikael has been nice to me, ever since my mother passed. Today It would be three months, since she passed.

I woke up, and Rebekah wasn't in our room. I put on my pink dress, and braided my hair.

I walked into the kitchen, and Esther said, " Caroline, could you pick some flowers?"

I said, " Sure."

I grabbed a basket, and walked into the woods. I walked to the dandelion field by the lake, and picked some flowers. When I was done, suddenly the wind picked up, and the flowers in the basket started floating around me. I laughed, and smiled. I soon turned around, and there was Kol leaning against a tree.

I said, " Kol!"

He stopped, and the dandelions fell to the ground, and the wind went back to normal. Kol said, " Yes, darling."

I sighed, and picked some more flowers, and put them in the basket. I walked back towards the woods, and Kol followed. I said, " Did you have to use the flowers for your mother?"

He said, " No. I thought it would be fun."

I said, " Does your mother and father know you are using magic?"

He said, " No. Don't even think about telling them."

I stopped walking, and said, " I won't, if you be my friends date for the celebration later?"

He said, " I know all your friends. It's me, Rebekah, Elijah, Finn, Niklaus, and Henrik."

I said, " You're forgetting one."

He groaned, and said, " No. The answer is no."

I said, " Come on. She isn't that bad."

He said, " Yes, she is. She is the tramp of the village."

I said, " Please, think about it."

He said, " How about I will ask someone to be her date?"

I said, " That's all I ask."

Niklaus had ran passed us, and I seen Blood on his face, and hands. I looked at Kol, and he took the basket from my hand. He said, " Go."

I nodded, and ran after Niklaus. He was by the lake, and wiping the blood off of his face, and hands. I sat beside him, and said, " Niklaus, what has happened?"

He said, " Nothing you need to worry about."

I said, " It was Mikael, wasn't it?"

He just looked at the lake, and wouldn't answer. I stood up, and ran towards the village. I seen Mikael with Elijah behind the hut. I went over, and slapped Mikael across the face.

I said, " Why do you hate him so much?!"

He said, " Niklaus, needs to be stronger! I'm only trying to make him stronger! He's weak. He needs a girl to come and fight his battles."

I said, " He is strong. He's stronger than you! You just won't let him be who he is! All you do is beat him!"

Mikael huffed and walked away. Elijah said, " Caroline, you shouldn't of done that."

I said, " Why not, Elijah? He keeps beating Niklaus till he's soaked in blood."

Elijah laughed and said, " You're a stubborn one."

I said, " So, I've been told."

Elijah said, " You have no idea, why Niklaus was even near Father do you?"

I said, " No."

Elijah said, " He was asking father's permission to court you."

I said, " What? Niklaus and I are just friends."

He said, " Caroline I can see it on your face. You feel the same about Niklaus, the same way he feels for you."

I said, " We are just friends."

Elijah said, " Stop lying to yourself. Go talk with Rebekah, she told Niklaus to confront Father about it."

I said, " Why does Niklaus want Mikael's permission to court me?"

Elijah said, " Mikael sees you as a daughter. He is nicer to you, than his own blood children."

I said, " I'm sure. He's nicer to his own children."

Elijah said, " No, he's not. He doesn't beat you when you stop him from beating Niklaus."

I said, " He knows no matter what, I will stand up to him."

Elijah said, " Go talk with Niklaus. Tell him how you really feel."

I said, " Are you even sure he feels the same about me?"

Elijah said, " Yes, Caroline. Go."

I nodded, and ran to the dandelion field, by the lake. Niklaus had his shirt off, and is laying down in the grass. He looked better, the blood isn't on him anymore, and his cuts are slowly healing. Kol.

I laid down beside him, and said, " You look better."

He said, " Kol had came with his healing paste, to help."

I said, " He is getting better with his magic."

He nodded. I said, " Elijah told me why you went to see Mikael."

Niklaus sat up, and put his shirt back on. He said, " Elijah shouldn't of even said anything."

I sat up, and said, " Niklaus, I'm glad he did."

He said, " Why? You don't feel the same."

I said, " Niklaus, I do. I do feel the same. I like you, even more, everyday, ever since I first met you."

He looked at me, and said, " Don't try and pity me."

I said! " I'm not pitying you."

He said, " Caroline, may I take you to the celebration tonight?"

I said, " Yes, you may."

He smiled, and put his arm around my shoulders, and we watched the sun set.

We soon went back to the hut, and ate dinner with everyone. Then it was time for the celebration.

Niklaus and I walked around the fire, and I grabbed his hand. We went and danced to the music that the villagers are playing.

Niklaus, and I then started walking around, and soon sat down on a log. I seen Kol with Elijah. They are walking over to Tatia, my friend. Elijah kissed Tatia's hand, and they went to talk. Kol walked over to us,and sat down beside me.

I said, " I thought you would've been her date?"

Kol said, " I would never be with the tramp."

I laughed. Niklaus said, " Kol, why set her up with Elijah?"

Kol said, " Elijah annoys me, so why not?"

We laughed, and talked the rest of the night. A couple hours later, everyone in the village, went back to their homes. We went to the hut, and went to our rooms. I laid down, and went to sleep.