Treat You Better (1)

En başından başla

Cady still hadn't spoken a word as they arrived in Janis little hotel room at the Hampton Inn. It was a small one room apartment with an ensuite bathroom. Not big but it was doing it's job with modern, mostly white and grey furniture. 

As soon as the door closed Cady let out a tiny sob again, tired of holding it in in front of the strangers on the street and the employees in the lobby.

Janis immediately pulled her in to a tight hug, one arm wrapped around her waist while the other hand combed through her auburn hair, untangling the tiny knots the flower crown left behind and opening up the braid it was in to release the tension.

"Come on" Janis whispered after a while. "Let's get you out of that dress" Cady nodded and Janis gave her a little kiss on the forehead before leading her further into the room.

There was a deafening silence as Janis pulled out her extra hoodie and leggings for Cady until she spoke up for the first time.

"Could you help me get it open please?" Her voice was small and shaky, it shattered Janis heart at once.

"Sure" she said softly, making her way behind her, starting to unzip the dress slowly, careful to not damage the zipper or anything. She bit her lip as it only revealed the back side of a beautiful deep black lace bra.  She knew which one it was. She helped picking out the underwear - as best friends do - which right now made her gay mind wander off to places where it shouldn't be.

She knew how hot Cady looked in them- 

JANIS BEHAVE! 

She mentally punched herself for that thought. Cady was at her lowest, and she thought about how hot she is. Great. 

She turned away looking out of the window onto the beautiful city lights of Chicago, to give Cady a tiny bit of privacy and sighed, trying to shake off her previous thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Cady asked, now practically swimming in the fabric of Janis clothes looking back at her with sad eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"No." Cady shook her head. Her voice cracking again as she fought back new tears.

"Then I'm not okay either." Janis pulled her down onto the bed into her embrace, hugging her tightly, which coaxed a somewhat content sigh out of Cady.

They laid in silence for a minute, before Cady spoke up again. 

"Am I not enough?" she murmured into the crook of Janis neck, silent tears tickling on her skin.

Janis was shocked, and angry. Taken aback off what Cady just said. "What?" She pulled away a bit to look at Cadys face. "What do you mean?"

"I mean there must be a reason why-"

"Caddie the only reason why this dickhead left you is because he's dumb." Janis interrupted quickly before she brushed the strands of hair, which have fallen into Cadys face, behind her ear, her expression growing softer again. "You are perfect. You're the smartest, kindest, sweetest and most beautiful person I've ever met. And I feel honored to be your friend. I'm thankful for every day I get to spend with you. And everyone who doesn't feel like that doesn't deserve you. Not as a friend and most definitely not as a wife." 

"I just don't understand... one day he's planning our Honeymoon and then he just- he just leaves? We already planned and paid everything, he even prepared a fucking surprise. Whatever that means..." Cady nestled back into Janis again, her head now resting on her chest. 

"And now It'll go to waste..."

"I mean you could still go." Janis chuckled, giving her a light squeeze.

"Oh yeah right I'll go on a honeymoon alone." Cady giggled looking up at Janis. "How weird would that be?"

"I could come with you." Janis joked. "What's a better cure for a heartbreak than going on a honeymoon with your lesbian best friend?"

" Are you serious right now?"

It was a joke. But the way Cady looked up at her with her big puppy eyes she started to seriously consider her idea. "I mean... yeah."

"You'd come to Iceland with me?" Cady smiled.

There we go there's the smile I love so much. Janis couldn't help but grin back at her. "If you want me to..."

"I do.."

"Okay then." Janis smirked. "When do we go?"

I think I went a little over the top with this one but hey I kinda like it xD.

Anyways I hope you like it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️