Treat You Better (1)

En başından başla

Cady apparently noticed it too and gave Janis a questioning look to which she could just shrug.

Going against her better judgement, Janis started her speech but then she heard him whisper, "I'm sorry Cady." He took a turn and ran. Leaving Cady behind.

Everyone was frozen in shock, except for Cady. She ran after him shouting his name over and over, her voice getting more desperate every time she repeated it.

----

"AARON SEBASTIAN SAMUELS GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" Cady shouted one last time. Her chest was tightening and she had a sick feeling in her stomach.

Is this really happening?

Something in her voice apparently told him that this was a command he wanted to obey because he turned around and looked back at Cady. Ashamed. Almost broken.

"I love you... Please don't leave me... Not now..." She tried to take his hands but he batted them away.

"I love you too... But this just doesn't feel right."

"Oh so you're just gonna leave me now? On this day? OUR WEDDING DAY? All because it doesn't feel right?! Are you fucking kidding me?!" She didn't want to cry but this was too much. He promised he would never hurt her, to be with her forever.

Was it all a lie?  The tears started flowing, almost burning against her skin.

"I already told you I'm sorry!" Aaron snapped back, a few tears escaping his eyes too.

"And you seriously think that's enough?!"

"Well then what do you want me to do?!"

"Come back here and do this with me.. please. You said that you loved me and we're in this together forever... how can you just walk away now?" It was hardly above a whisper as it got hard to speak. The lump in her throat only getting bigger by every second they were standing there. 

She knew this wedding wasn't happening anymore. Not now, not ever. It was over. But she didn't want it to be true.

"I'm sorry."

Aaron jumped into his car and drove off, leaving Cady in a cloud of dust and shattered dreams. She choked out agonizing sobs as her vision got blurrier and Aarons car soon wasn't in sight anymore. Her heart broke. He just left her. On the day which was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives. Without any explanation. Just a simple, little 'sorry'.

Was it her fault? Wasn't she good enough? Was he seeing someone else? Did she push him too much? Were the only thoughts spiraling through her brain until she felt a pair of arms getting wrapped around her and the smell of Lemon and peppermint tea hit her.

"Hey, I'm here... It's gonna be okay..." Janis said softly, before placing a small kiss on her temple.

"He left me." Cady couldn't move, her body unable to process the pain and anger she felt. She just leaned into her embrace, burying her face into the crook of her neck.

"I know... I know I'm sorry..." Janis hushed.

She felt the eyes of the wedding guests on them, their looks boring into her, making her feel uneasy and judged.

"Do you want me to take you somewhere else?" Janis asked softly, squeezing Cady a little.

Cady nodded, and without another word Janis picked her up, her crown falling onto the ground in the process. An ironic metaphor of what just happened.

'Thank you' she whispered as Janis carried her away from what was supposed to be the most magical day, leaving other friends and family behind.

----