Part 14

They were in the a fast food place near the theatre, severus texted it'll be 10 minutes since traffic and james sent an angry text telling him they were getting food.

Lily sipped on her soda, set it down incredibly loud which made james jerk in surprise.

" so, you and sev broke up."

He swallowed. He wasn't gonna lie, he was kinda scared of lily.

" y-yeah."

" mhm. And yet you still invite him for movies?"

He blinked, looking at her confused.

" wha-?"

" marlene sent me a text saying her and sev were coming. She also told me to order her french fries but im ignoring that." She waved it off.

Oh great. It was supposed to be just me and severus but now its all four of us. Might as well invite the guys and have a potluck.

" be glad severus wants to keep you in his life. Or else i wouldn't be here."

James wanted to quip back with a ' I didn't want you in the first place, i wanted sev' but decided against it since he was probably gonna get hit over the head if he did.

Plus the fact that severus still wants him in his life was far too distracting of a thought.

" r-really?" He asked weakly.

She nodded, sighing and tilting her head a little.

" yeah. Unfortunately he likes your personality or whatever so now i have to deal with you." She gestured vaguely.

James nodded, still giddy with the fact severus likes his personality and stuff.

" hey did he tell you who broke up with who?" He asked.

She shook her head.

" he just told me you two broke up and thats it."

James nodded slowly, looking off into space formulating an idea. This might backfire, like really bad but hey, when has his plans ever not had a huge percentage of failing?

" he actually broke up with me."

Lily looked surprised by that, as if severus didn't seem like the one who broke up with him.

" really? So you're the dump-ee? Not the dump-er?"

" no?"

" wait wait, so severus broke it off first? But he seemed so into you." She looked genuinely perplexed.

James shrugged then leaned forward.

" ok point is, i still like him. Like i have reason to maybe fall in love so i still want him."

Lily gasped and leaned forward as well, facing closer to james.

" you still like him? Oh my god, i was thinking severus still liked you!"

James nodded, a little taken back by how enthusiastic lily looked.

" great! Thats good, i mean so you think i have a chance?"

" totally! I mean I usually think getting with your ex is a horrible idea but i dont know, i feel like you guys never truly dated. I mean i know you two were together and that you were a couple but it felt almost staged. Like it was fake." She laughed at her own little theory.

Little did she know it was EXACTLY what happened and now james was debating telling her about it all.

" lily-"